Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8 Slipons, do I need a tune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017 | 09:01 PM
tommyglide
Tourer

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
FWIW, every untuned bike on the street would benefit from recalibrating fueling and timing for the specific production variables built into the bike.
Variables such as:
Injector output can vary more than 10% from what the calibration was developed for.
Bone stock calibrations, with the stock exhaust, need little recalibration because airflow variables are limited by the factory.
Once you change the amount, and/or the way air moves through the entire system from a/c to tailpipe, the base calibration can not be ideal for the change(s).
This is why anyone with even just a stage1 bike will always notice an improvement after the EFI has been recalibrated for the changes.
Only those who have a stage 1 bike, added freeflowing exhaust/ac, rode the bike long enough to feel how it runs everywhere, then get it recalibrated for the airflow changes and tuned for best performance, are qualified IMO, to state whether or not the tune was worth the money and effort.
Bob

As a rider who has had 6 different tunes for 5 different builds,( and 4 of those tunes were perfect) I gotta agree with Bob, and I also wonder how many riders have no idea, or even care enough if their expensve machine is running optimum or not.

The following users liked this post:
mjwebb (03-28-2017)