Sponsored by:

Stage IV kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2020 | 04:29 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by nukidondablock
I am getting a 2020 RGL. I would like the HD 131 kit. Warranty issues aside. What are thoughts on the 131 kit with Rinehart True Duals and a aftermarket tuner? I like the look and sound of the Rinehart system. Seems like the True Duals would unleash a bit more power? And could the bike be put back "warranty compliant" if I change the exhaust back to the Stage 4 exhaust and put the tune back to Stage 4 tune should I needed warranty. Call me devious, just Thinkin, Thinkin, Thinkin, in my best Macho Man Voice! Thanks in advance!
Get the Rinehart Slimline header if you are going with Rinehart TRUE duals of any kind do not unleash anything on an M8
You will not have ANY chance of switching back to try and be warranty compliant. You can either spend more money for the HD 131, or make yourself entirely happy, spend less money, and do it right the first time by going with FuelMoto or S&S 127 kit, with an aftermarket cam and a PowerVision tuner. There are countless threads and posts about all of this.

There are posts in this very thread with the FuelMoto recipe for success

Good luck

Old 12-05-2020 | 06:52 AM
nukidondablock
Advanced

So True Duals do not make any more power or torque? Will they hurt power or torque, or just not add the possibility for better tuning? It sucks because the only type of exhaust that I like the note of on these M8 are true duals. It is almost a deal breaker for me, I am coming off a Evo with True Duals and it sounds so good, any M8 just won't sound as good. But even a stock M8 will be like 40 more HP, lol!

I ask about the warranty trick because if the warranty is going away, I will look at aftermarket kits but I might wait a bit to make sure the bike is not a lemon..

This was the first thread that came up on a search. Thanks for the answer

Old 12-05-2020 | 09:18 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by nukidondablock
It sucks because the only type of exhaust that I like the note of on these M8 are true duals. It is almost a deal breaker for me, I am coming off a Evo with True Duals and it sounds so good, any M8 just won't sound as good. r
Man, you need to hear some more aftermarket cammed M8s! They are night and day different. I had the same issue when I was an M8 denier. You would be hard pressed to find a guy on this sub-forum that has true dual system without a balance pipe. For real power, you go with a 2-1. In my opinion, my Rinehart Slimline header, with dual Rinehart 4 inch cans, and RS468 makes my 128 sound better than any EVO. Burn me at the stake, but I used to think the same thing. My 149 lb feet of torque wipes away any doubt that I made the right choice.

The following users liked this post:
JED POLAND (02-03-2022)