Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brandon's 2017 FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 06:01 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 3,112 Likes on 1,842 Posts

So...... they rode the bike for 20 miles today and never got an oil light or any codes, so I get to go pick it back up tomorrow. They didn’t provide an explanation as to why the oil light came on, or why the engine codes came up before. And I got the old, “they all do that treatment” in regards to my noise concerns. At least it’s documented.

Better yet, they refused to look into the transmission fluid transfer because they’ve had one person claiming to have it, leveled his fluids, and when he came back in 1k miles, it didn’t lose enough transmission fluid. and the moco wouldn’t cover any further work under warranty because it was within their allowable limit. They said that since I do my own service they can’t verify if the correct amounts were put in the primary and transmission so the moco won’t cover diagnosing it.

Last edited by BrandonSmith; 06-05-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:13 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
So...... they rode the bike for 20 miles today and never got an oil light or any codes, so I get to go pick it back up tomorrow. They didn’t provide an explanation as to why the oil light came on, or why the engine codes came up before. And I got the old, “they all do that treatment” in regards to my noise concerns. At least it’s documented.

Better yet, they refused to look into the transmission fluid transfer because they’ve had one person claiming to have it, leveled his fluids, and when he came back in 1k miles, it didn’t lose enough transmission fluid. and the moco wouldn’t cover any further work under warranty because it was within their allowable limit. They said that since I do my own service they can’t verify if the correct amounts were put in the primary and transmission so the moco won’t cover diagnosing it.
So putting a die in your transmission is to much of a hassle because you do your own service. I would find a new dealer.

The following users liked this post:
lp (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 12:37 AM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
So putting a die in your transmission is to much of a hassle because you do your own service. I would find a new dealer.
Agreed. That's BS

Old 06-06-2018, 04:24 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member

They didn’t even mention putting dye in... just said they’d measure the fluids.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:23 PM
103Eagle
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
They didn’t even mention putting dye in... just said they’d measure the fluids.
Maybe because they know its an issue. If they measure the fluids they know how much has transfered in how many miles. My dealer told me Harley is measuring to determine an acceptable amount of transfer..........we all know is should be zero..............

Sounds like you need a different dealer Brandon.....

Eagle Over and Out

Old 06-07-2018, 03:14 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member

Even though I’m in the Dallas area, where there’s 5+ dealers, it’ll take me an extra hour to get to the next closest one... and that one is owned by the same people!

Old 06-07-2018, 03:48 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Was this Maverick HD?

Never mind I see it was Longhorn

The fact they mentioned you do your own service and that's why theyre not diagnosing it means they'll probably never help you in the future should anything go seriously wrong. Youre probably already blacklisted with them now

Last edited by jgos929; 06-07-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:17 PM
ibang1
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts and followed each of the steps to stop all the air buffing. I just ordered DK customs in hopes of diverting the air even more. Just not happy when I’m on the highway. Still too much air.

I have the exact bike and slowly making changes to make it my own. Although, I’m finding myself copying some of your own mods.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:17 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member

Originally Posted by jgos929
Was this Maverick HD?

Never mind I see it was Longhorn

The fact they mentioned you do your own service and that's why theyre not diagnosing it means they'll probably never help you in the future should anything go seriously wrong. Youre probably already blacklisted with them now
Yeah... Longhorn and Maverick are owned by the same folks. Didn't know that until I went to Longhorn this go around (my first visit since moving). When I lived in Denton I went to Maverick once before for the transmission oil transfer issue and got the same response... go figure.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:24 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member

Originally Posted by ibang1
I’ve enjoyed reading your posts and followed each of the steps to stop all the air buffing. I just ordered DK customs in hopes of diverting the air even more. Just not happy when I’m on the highway. Still too much air.

I have the exact bike and slowly making changes to make it my own. Although, I’m finding myself copying some of your own mods.
Thanks for reading and following along. By far, the biggest help is the fork fangs... I take them off in the summer and it reminds me what neck problems I have. The fairing mounted deflectors do squat for buffeting, and the lower triple deflector is a gimmick. With all three installed, cruising down the highway, I was feeling around for where the air is coming from: around the tank. Putting my hands palms towards the pavement,against the side of the tank stopped all buffetting. So yeah... Not sure how to resolve that one. I've even noticed where I have my feet affects buffeting.

Quick Reply: Brandon's 2017 FLHX