Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brandon's 2017 FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 11:33 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 3,005 Likes on 1,787 Posts

Yeah, all the wires are at least labeled and not tangled. I think it is a great design keep the wires together and easily accessible.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:13 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by GTK
It looks like all my past Touring bikes.There is a lot of wires in that tunnel and I think Moco did a great job of running them straight and not tangled up with each other.I have already had my 2017 apart to run my headset wiring.Pop the cover off,run wire and put cover back on,nice and neat.
I agree the tunnel is a great idea its just the wiring looks like spagetti.

Maybe its OCD but being in the electrical/ Hvac trades it looks like azz to me. I have opened too may junction boxes that looked like that and just wanted to toss a lit one in and walk away.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:34 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member

Well, it’s been a while since my last post, and not much has changed! I moved to the DFW area and my riding has been more scarce, so I’m only at 12,000 miles so far since March.

Taking the bike in for warranty on transmission fluid transfer and street cannon replacement. The fluid transfer was an isolated incident on my way to Sturgis, and now has reared it’s ugly head again 2,000 miles later. The Street Cannon started rattling about 3,000 miles ago, but I wear ear plugs and didn’t really hear it until someone at a gas station said it sounded like my heat shield was loose.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:03 PM
PSU
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

How did you notice the fluid transfer?

Old 12-06-2017, 08:12 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member

Since the summer when fluid transfer started being a big topic, I regularly check my fluid level (once a week - I ride about 500 miles per week). On the way to and from Sturgis I was prepared to check the level every day, as I was riding 500 miles every day. I rode to BFE Kansas (700 miles away) and stayed the night, woke up and checked the level. Nothing on the dipstick, and took 4oz to get it where it needed to be.

Every day on the trip I checked the level and that was the only time it was low. After riding another month or two here in Dallas, I got lazy on my checks and went about a month without checking and it was low again by 4oz.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:27 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Beautiful bike man.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:11 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member

Dropped the bike off at American Eagle Harley yesterday and I have to say I don’t have my hopes up. I originally was taking the bike in for Street Cannon replacement, but wanted them to check out my transfer issue. That’s when things started to get uncomfortable.

The service guy said, “Well, we’ll have to check your service records.” I told him that he would only see a 1k service in there. Then, before I could even finish what I was saying, he started berating me for not having the bike serviced, and went on and on about what needs done every 5k, etc. I told him I do all my service and he starts getting on me again before I can finish about all the different things that need done. I told him, “Look, I’ve got a service manual and follow it to a T, and have my receipts and records of maintenance. He kept harping on the fact that about a month ago the warranty company started require service records for ANY warranty item before they can even start working on it. So far, they haven’t requested anything.

Sheesh, this guy was scolding me for saving $300 every 5k miles, acting like someone can’t unbolt a drain plug, put it back in, and add some damn fluid. All in all, I’m sure I’ll get the bike back in the same condition I left it and they’ll say nothing is wrong with it. And, I guarantee they stick me with the bill for fluid change.

The following users liked this post:
Clay Rocker (05-19-2019)
Old 12-17-2017, 09:58 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
Dropped the bike off at American Eagle Harley yesterday and I have to say I don’t have my hopes up. I originally was taking the bike in for Street Cannon replacement, but wanted them to check out my transfer issue. That’s when things started to get uncomfortable.

The service guy said, “Well, we’ll have to check your service records.” I told him that he would only see a 1k service in there. Then, before I could even finish what I was saying, he started berating me for not having the bike serviced, and went on and on about what needs done every 5k, etc. I told him I do all my service and he starts getting on me again before I can finish about all the different things that need done. I told him, “Look, I’ve got a service manual and follow it to a T, and have my receipts and records of maintenance. He kept harping on the fact that about a month ago the warranty company started require service records for ANY warranty item before they can even start working on it. So far, they haven’t requested anything.

Sheesh, this guy was scolding me for saving $300 every 5k miles, acting like someone can’t unbolt a drain plug, put it back in, and add some damn fluid. All in all, I’m sure I’ll get the bike back in the same condition I left it and they’ll say nothing is wrong with it. And, I guarantee they stick me with the bill for fluid change.
When they start to "handle" you right off the bat, that tends to leave a bad taste in your mount doesn't it? Sometimes I think some of the dealers forget that there are other brands of motorcycles out there that we could buy. Good luck.

Clay Rocker (05-19-2019)
Old 12-17-2017, 11:17 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

So, they sell service manuals, oil, tranny & primary fluids, o-rings, gaskets, air filters, drain pains, oil filter wrenches, funnels and gizmos for refilling all off the shelf. Then they "handle" and berate you for not bringing it to them? Find another dealer bud. Quick.

Clay Rocker (05-19-2019)
Old 12-18-2017, 10:12 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member

Yuuup!!! There’s about 6 other dealers I can go to here in the Dallas area... and I think I will. Just got a call from the service guy that said the technician told him the transmission is overfilled right now. He asked how I check the level, I said, “Per the manual, level ground, on the jiffy stand, cold.”

Apparently that’s wrong too (which it isn’t! Read the f-in manual!!). Guy said, “the tech put it upright and it was overfilled.” First, you don’t check it upright if you’re going with the manual, second, he checked it while it was hot!

Clay Rocker (05-19-2019)

Quick Reply: Brandon's 2017 FLHX