Sponsored by:

Post your Helmet(s) with your M8

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 09:56 AM
FunnelCake Combo
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Post your Helmet(s) with your M8

Looking to purchase 2 helmets this weekend.. as of today I am helmetless.

Would love to see what you wear... Preferably helmets on . but know a lot of people aren't up for that .

so just a good shot of your helmet or helmets with your Milwaukee 8 would be Awesome !!

I am leaning towards a 1/2 helmet and a 3/4 helmet. DOT approved.. not novelty

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

Last edited by FunnelCake Combo; 03-10-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Gorilla508
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd take a look at the bell bullitt it's a full face with out the claustrophobic feel of a normal Ff helmet

Old 03-10-2017, 10:57 AM
FunnelCake Combo
Tourer

Also.. looking for low profile for both.. No Mushroom head on the 1/2 .. guess I'm just curious if one brand is better than others such as Crazy Al's or biker helmets or Akoury or something like that

as for the 3/4 Just don't want to look like a space Alien or the Great Kazoo as some have said.

Post away

Old 03-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Have tons of helmets. I will post pics later but for now I like riding with the Biltwell Gringo S in matte black. It's the FF features without the power rangers look. Similar design to the Bell Bullit but less expensive. The Bell version has small ports on top for airflow but you can't close them. In the rain you will get some of that water in you.

when it's really hot I have a matte black 3/4 with shield but 80% of the time it's the Gringo S for me..

Old 03-10-2017, 01:47 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior
Received 344 Likes on 247 Posts

Really? When I'm shopping helmets 'looks' is down the list of priorities a bit. If it doesn't fit well I'm not going to wear it so it doesn't matter what it looks like. If its too heavy I'm not going to wear it very long so it doesn't matter what it looks like.

After that I'm looking at safety certifications like DOT etc. Then things like field of view and eye protection options and then chin strap comfort and operation.

After that I'll think about how it looks.

I know you asked for pics so I apologize.... just felt like throwing my 2 cents in

Old 03-10-2017, 02:05 PM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts
Old 03-10-2017, 02:06 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,379 Likes on 5,508 Posts

HD modular ,HJC really the same. Wife wears same thing . What I like is it does not reduce field of vision and it you want flip it up.

Last edited by smitty901; 03-10-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Gorilla508
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you like the simpson roadrash I've heard mixed reviews

Old 03-10-2017, 03:21 PM
FunnelCake Combo
Tourer

Originally Posted by rjjj629
Really? When I'm shopping helmets 'looks' is down the list of priorities a bit. If it doesn't fit well I'm not going to wear it so it doesn't matter what it looks like. If its too heavy I'm not going to wear it very long so it doesn't matter what it looks like.

After that I'm looking at safety certifications like DOT etc. Then things like field of view and eye protection options and then chin strap comfort and operation.

After that I'll think about how it looks.

I know you asked for pics so I apologize.... just felt like throwing my 2 cents in

Looks are at the top because I'm looking for something that looks good.

Of course DOT + is a requirement as well as fit.. but Fit I will have to determine on my own.. no need to ask someone how something fits on them.

My Plan is to find a bunch of helmets I like and then order them from a site or two that allows returns.. I will probably order 5 or 6 helmets and keep the 2 that fit best ... I will judge certain things such as wait before even placing the order.

Local Harley dealer only has like 8 or 9 helmets in stock and most were far too big.. so going the online route.. just want to see what people were wearing.

Wish there was somewhere I could drive to to try on a bunch of different helmets.. but no such luck around me.. possibly Jacksonville , FL which is only 4 hour drive.. I could take a weekend trip there if I knew there were some places that had a good selection.

Anyways thanks to the few pic post so far..

Looking forward to more

Old 03-10-2017, 03:29 PM
4D_Footer
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I run an Akoury AK-1. Smallest DOT approved helmet I've found. Also, the ratchet chin strap system is pretty ingenious. On longer trips I switch over to my full or 3/4 helmet.

Quick Reply: Post your Helmet(s) with your M8