Sponsored by:

Post your Helmet(s) with your M8

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 12:14 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by strat10
Just got this Schuberth. Extremely quiet, and installed the SENA 10U system made for this lid and it has changed my riding. The ugly color was cheap
what kind of bike are you on? Type of shield?

Old 04-05-2017, 12:59 PM
strat10
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sixguns
what kind of bike are you on? Type of shield?

Im on a 2017 RGS.
I went with the 12" Long Range Shield thresher. It works really well. Im 6'0" and it took care of all the buffeting. Super happy with it. I do go bak to the stock shield if im just cruising around town.

The helmet is super quiet, works awesome with the SENA 10U. Jut trying to decide if I want to go with the SENA FreeRide or not.

Here is the bike with the LRS shield.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:13 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by strat10
Im on a 2017 RGS.
I went with the 12" Long Range Shield thresher. It works really well. Im 6'0" and it took care of all the buffeting. Super happy with it. I do go bak to the stock shield if im just cruising around town.

The helmet is super quiet, works awesome with the SENA 10U. Jut trying to decide if I want to go with the SENA FreeRide or not.

Here is the bike with the LRS shield.
Thanks, I have the same bike but with a 14" Freedom touring. and Im waiting on the brown truck to show up with my new C3 Pro, its my 1st full face, glad to hear the positive report. I will be testing mine out soon.... Good times

Old 04-05-2017, 01:20 PM
strat10
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by sixguns
Thanks, I have the same bike but with a 14" Freedom touring. and Im waiting on the brown truck to show up with my new C3 Pro, its my 1st full face, glad to hear the positive report. I will be testing mine out soon.... Good times
Yeah, your going to love it! Look into the SENA 10U for the Schuberth. The stock shield on the helmet comes with a cool fog eliminator. Also, the tinted drop down shield works great.

Best helmet I have had, and I have tried a lot!

Old 04-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Nonskid
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
They cannot go in further. They already hit my ear drum and the flange is flush with the side of my head. These are what I'm wearing.

I have used Earplugs like these or very similar for almost 30 years on the job working with loud machinery. We have our hearing checked every year and pretty much no hearing loss to speak of. I also ride with them. Just make sure you insert them correctly. Roll them tight between your fingers and let them expand in the ear canal. If they still don't work well you may just need a larger size. My helmet is a shoei rf 1100.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Nonskid
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
Talked to my local audiologist - $195 for custom molded plugs. Appointment next week.
A word of caution about the moulded Earplugs. They were offered at work so I was fitted for a pair. I wore them once and didn't like them. I found them to have absolutely no flexibility so after a while they became rather painful. Probably more so if your helmet is tight around the ears due to padding or speakers. This may just be my personal preference but I would have been a little upset if I'd paid $200 for them and never used them. I'll go with the disposable ones any day of the week.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:15 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

I have the Shoei Neotec modular also. I love it. Rode from NC to Key West and last year in the middle of the summer and boy does that helmet vent nicely. For you guys who own it, I have a question. On my SG, I had a C&C seat (sat very low) and I had the fork deflectors and also color matched lowers. That helmet was smooth as butter

On my new 17 Ultra....tall boy seat (so I'm up higher than the C&C) which is very comfortable.......when I get to 70mph, I notice slight buffeting. I kind of notice when i lean forward some (tall boy pushes me back an inch--comfy) the wind calms at that speed. It comes and goes but it's noticeable at 70mph. If I lean back like a recliner---it's really noticeable. If I sit more straight up, it's not so bad....lean forward --smoother. Anyone else have this? Im still testing with 10inch stock, 9 inch LRS, 7 inch LRS, 8.5KW.....just to get an idea of which of those shields will be best for my long distance riding with that helmet. Crazy thing is I think the 10inch stock makes it OK at 70+

Old 04-06-2017, 11:44 AM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,105 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
I have the Shoei Neotec modular also. I love it. Rode from NC to Key West and last year in the middle of the summer and boy does that helmet vent nicely. For you guys who own it, I have a question. On my SG, I had a C&C seat (sat very low) and I had the fork deflectors and also color matched lowers. That helmet was smooth as butter

On my new 17 Ultra....tall boy seat (so I'm up higher than the C&C) which is very comfortable.......when I get to 70mph, I notice slight buffeting. I kind of notice when i lean forward some (tall boy pushes me back an inch--comfy) the wind calms at that speed. It comes and goes but it's noticeable at 70mph. If I lean back like a recliner---it's really noticeable. If I sit more straight up, it's not so bad....lean forward --smoother. Anyone else have this? Im still testing with 10inch stock, 9 inch LRS, 7 inch LRS, 8.5KW.....just to get an idea of which of those shields will be best for my long distance riding with that helmet. Crazy thing is I think the 10inch stock makes it OK at 70+

It's your windshield. When you lean back the wind hits you more because it's coming back down from the windshield deflecting it up. Since I also wear a Neotec, I got a slightly shorter windshield than I should have because it causes the wind to hit the top of my helmet where the vent is. If I had a taller windshield the helmet wouldn't vent as well because it would deflect the wind over the ram-air vent on the top. Something to consider when wearing a FF helmet and trying to decide what windshield you want.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:25 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
It's your windshield. When you lean back the wind hits you more because it's coming back down from the windshield deflecting it up. Since I also wear a Neotec, I got a slightly shorter windshield than I should have because it causes the wind to hit the top of my helmet where the vent is. If I had a taller windshield the helmet wouldn't vent as well because it would deflect the wind over the ram-air vent on the top. Something to consider when wearing a FF helmet and trying to decide what windshield you want.
Crazy thing is I told my buddy the same thing. I went down to a 8 inch LRS and it got better. I think I'm going to order a 7 inch from them since they are so cheap. I actually share this same belief with you. What size shield do you have? Most of my buddies have 12 KW on their RG...what size did you get.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:22 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 3,153 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by Nonskid
I have used Earplugs like these or very similar for almost 30 years on the job working with loud machinery. We have our hearing checked every year and pretty much no hearing loss to speak of. I also ride with them. Just make sure you insert them correctly. Roll them tight between your fingers and let them expand in the ear canal. If they still don't work well you may just need a larger size. My helmet is a shoei rf 1100.
Same thing here, though I've only worked in that environment for 5 years. I had my hearing checked two months before I got my street glide, and just had it tested because my ears ring so bad after riding for a month. I have slight loss already. I do insert them correctly, and they are providing ~30db of protection (tested in our soundproof booth at work by our nurse), however, it isn't enough apparently.

Quick Reply: Post your Helmet(s) with your M8