Sponsored by:

Post your Helmet(s) with your M8

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 08:31 AM
FunnelCake Combo
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Drodrigueznyc
I have a bunch of helmets from my sport bike days. Arai, Shoei, etc.. but for my cruisers I use Biltwell Gringo S and the Bell Bullit.. I will say this, they are much more comfortable than any of my sport bike helmets, and they look/feel better quality. The interior is also hand stitched in diamond pattern using top grade suede like material. I definitely recommend checking them out. Revzilla.com has them and they have a great no questions asked return policy. I bought both to see which one I preferred but kept them both.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...FZaPswodS7oNnQ

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...FZdKDQodvOoKxg

These both look Great THANKS !

Old 03-13-2017, 04:45 PM
FunnelCake Combo
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Purchased my 1/2 Helmet today Akoury AK-1

Going to try on some full Face Helmets this weekend and see what I like..

A lot of great suggestions and been going through a few good online stores as well... But will prob spend 300-500 on the Full Face so want to go try them on and make sure the fit and weight is perfect

Old 03-13-2017, 06:27 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Which ones are non-auto helmets. I tried on about 4 different ones at Cycle Gear and that's all motorcycle stuff. Just curious.
Well if it was at Cycle Gear, then they would carry motorcycle helmets. But Cycle Gear doesn't normally carry the higher end stuff. And that would certainly apply to Arai helmets. Some are up near $1,000.00.

Just look at Arai's website, it says which are automotive and motorcycle helmets.

https://www.araiamericas.com/helmets

Old 03-13-2017, 06:30 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,105 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by YPD485
Well if it was at Cycle Gear, then they would carry motorcycle helmets. But Cycle Gear doesn't normally carry the higher end stuff. And that would certainly apply to Arai helmets. Some are up near $1,000.00.

Just look at Arai's website, it says which are automotive and motorcycle helmets.

https://www.araiamericas.com/helmets
Dang! If I gotta spend a grand to get a decent motorcycle helmet from Arai, they can keep them.

The following users liked this post:
smitty901 (03-14-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 08:06 PM
xnysgt
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

This website has the smallest available DOT approved/compliant helmets and there's really no mushroom head look. Good quality with well made metal clasps instead of cheap plastic, and at about $99 (and sometimes free shipping) you really cant beat them.

https://www.bikerhelmets.com/?gclid=...FRGBswodgJMCQA

Old 03-31-2017, 06:29 AM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by xnysgt
This website has the smallest available DOT approved/compliant helmets and there's really no mushroom head look. Good quality with well made metal clasps instead of cheap plastic, and at about $99 (and sometimes free shipping) you really cant beat them.

https://www.bikerhelmets.com/?gclid=...FRGBswodgJMCQA
Im way too good looking to risk my face being cheese-grated in an accident. I wear a FF year round, even if I'm in a state that doesn't require a helmet.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:53 AM
Airborne06
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Im way too good looking to risk my face being cheese-grated in an accident. I wear a FF year round, even if I'm in a state that doesn't require a helmet.
Same here.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:08 AM
xnysgt
Tourer
Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Um okay, but I'm not really sure why you're writing about your face or your preference in a condescending way. I'm merely writing to offer some info that the OP asked for. He asked for info on 1/2 and 3/4 helmets, and picks of members' helmets with their M8. So, I offered the info. There was no solicitation by me for anyone's opinion.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:57 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 3,153 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Um okay, but I'm not really sure why you're writing about your face or your preference in a condescending way. I'm merely writing to offer some info that the OP asked for. He asked for info on 1/2 and 3/4 helmets, and picks of members' helmets with their M8. So, I offered the info. There was no solicitation by me for anyone's opinion.
Welcome to the HD Forums... Seems to be the way people treat each other on here.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:00 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member

No worries. Forums are meant for people to share facts and opinions. My opinion is that a helmet is meant for protection, not looking cool. Or only to meet a helmet law requirement. That's all I was trying to convey in a humorous way. If someone else sharing their opinion bothers you, then this forum is definitely not for you.

Quick Reply: Post your Helmet(s) with your M8