Post your Helmet(s) with your M8

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 08:25 PM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Gorilla508
How do you like the simpson roadrash I've heard mixed reviews
I hate most of the Simpsons, I have owned a few, and they are all cheaply made but you cannot beat the look. The helmet pictured is their newest one that's build more like a motorcycle helmet and I have been happy with it

Old 03-10-2017, 09:33 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by YPD485
To me, the most comfortable helmet made is by Arai. But they are expensive. Close second is Shoei. They are a bit less.
I wanted a modular so I didn't even consider Arai.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:01 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,377 Likes on 5,507 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
I wanted a modular so I didn't even consider Arai.
Having worn full coverage in the past on tracks.(long ago). I was not interested in a Modular of the street. Was I wrong. White wanted one so she got it. On vacation I grabbed hers for some reason, quick ride to the store. I was so impressed wit it Purchased one and never looked back.
They are so flexible. The flip down dark shade works great with glasses. They do not reduce vision to the side at all. Much more comfortable on a long ride.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:59 AM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Shoei Neotec for me. I don't wear half helmets or 3/4 helmets. Too much wind noise, even with ear plugs, and too wind damage to my face. Plus they suck when it's raining. I had a HD full face modular and compared to the Shoei it is garbage. This helmet is super comfortable, ventilates great, and the internal shield rocks. No more changing shields when riding at night. And the aerodynamics are outstanding. Very quiet helmet. All you have to do is handle one and try it on to see the quality difference between something like this and a $100-$200 helmet. It is worth every penny.
This will be my next helmet. Hoping they have a booth at Bike Week. If so, I'm coming home with one.

Old 03-11-2017, 10:15 AM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by bradn
This will be my next helmet. Hoping they have a booth at Bike Week. If so, I'm coming home with one.
If you have a round or intermediate oval head, you'll probably find it true to size according to their sizing chart. If you're more of a long oval like me you may find a size larger to fit better. According to their chart I'm a Large and the XL fit me way better.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:18 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

We got this set of cheap HJC helmets thrown in when we bought our RK. They are DOT approved so what the hell. I figured I would be buying a set of Bell's or some other top tier brand. Turns out we really like them and they complement the Blue/Silver RK. They have taken the the Sena 10S setup very well. Still working on mic placement on the wifes lid. And they are comfortable for both of us. The wife is a typical round head. And well,,,, I'm a oval lumpy head. This is my first modular helmet and I like the style a lot.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:30 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by psyshack
We got this set of cheap HJC helmets thrown in when we bought our RK. They are DOT approved so what the hell. I figured I would be buying a set of Bell's or some other top tier brand. Turns out we really like them and they complement the Blue/Silver RK. They have taken the the Sena 10S setup very well. Still working on mic placement on the wifes lid. And they are comfortable for both of us. The wife is a typical round head. And well,,,, I'm a oval lumpy head. This is my first modular helmet and I like the style a lot.

I have that same full face in black and it has been a decent helmet that has served me well over the years. But there is no comparison between it and my current lid. Once you experience a quality helmet, nothing else will suffice.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:39 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

I have that same full face in black and it has been a decent helmet that has served me well over the years. But there is no comparison between it and my current lid. Once you experience a quality helmet, nothing else will suffice.
I have been buying Bell, Shoei, Simpson and other top tier helmet's for years. And fully expected to spend $700 to a $1k on new helmets to go with the RK for the wife and I. Don't think that is going to happen.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:47 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by psyshack
I have been buying Bell, Shoei, Simpson and other top tier helmet's for years. And fully expected to spend $700 to a $1k on new helmets to go with the RK for the wife and I. Don't think that is going to happen.
For me it's about quality, tolerances, features, and comfort. I have yet to squeeze my melon into anything as comfortable. The quality and tight tolerances are evident just by handling the Neotec. It has outstanding ventilation and the drop down sunshade means I'll never have to change shields again. And the clarity of the sunshade and the helmet shield are outstanding. The breath guard and pinlock anti-fog shield are just icing on the cake. To top it all off, it's super quiet inside which is very nice for saving my ears from being exposed to excessive road/wind noise. When wearing ear plugs it's damn near silent inside. I'm more than willing to shell out $600 for all that and a 5 year warranty from date of purchase and 7 year warranty from date of manufacture. It's so well built I doubt I'll have to use it.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:00 PM
PirateRider
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I wear a Bell pit boss in black with an orange pinstripe that matches my Laguna Orange scoot. One of the best helmets I have have owned over 35 years of riding. The Road Glide cuts most wind from face, Pit boss has removable ear flaps for winter and a flip down eye shield which I run in clear for night riding with my normal glasses.

Quick Reply: Post your Helmet(s) with your M8