Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Harley.. ROAD KING SPECIAL

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017 | 05:54 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Welcome and Congrats on your new scoot!

Get the MoCo 4 point mounting bracket and sissy bar/pad. Get all that you can before 60 days or so and it will be covered under warranty.

Your local dealer can help you spent your hard earned money for free, or use online discount dealers.

Enjoy!

YB

The following users liked this post:
FunnelCake Combo (03-04-2017)
Old 03-02-2017 | 06:05 AM
riknbeth
Road Master

Congrats. I like the look of this bike too. Ride safe

Old 03-02-2017 | 08:22 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FunnelCake Combo
Did a quick Intro on the new member page.

Quick run down.

After researching Bikes online.. Renting a 17 Street Glide to try out the M8 for a few days. I found the Bike I was looking for based on its looks alone.

While I know there are a lot of folks out there that aren't a fan of the RK Special It hit all the right notes for me.

Not a Fan of Chrome and love the Matte Paint Jobs.

After reading the reviews and going in to check the Bike out in person I had the dealer run some numbers to see if it would work out... It Did .. So paperwork done and having the Bike dropped off tomorrow.

Charcoal Denim and the dealer Installed a few things upon arrival of the Bike.

Rinehart Slip ons and Daymaker headlight.

Only thing I will probably do for now is switch out the Handlebar grips and add an A/C and Stage 1 Tune for my Birthday this summer.

Other than that.. I'm completely Stoked and looking forward to being a part of the community and more importantly getting out and riding with my wife and friends.

On to the Pics. ( will add some better ones tomorrow in daylight once I take possession)
SEXXXXXY

Once you get her home please take some good (out door) picture, please.
I would like to add this one to my rotating screen at work.
Stuck in the middle of a factory, behind a PC for 10+ hours a day, need something to look at

Old 03-02-2017 | 08:30 AM
LowcountryRK
Cruiser

Very cool indeed... Congrats

Old 03-02-2017 | 02:29 PM
gordy67
Road Captain

cool bike congrats!!! an welcome

Old 03-02-2017 | 02:42 PM
goose222
Road Master

I am not so sure I would have stooped so low for that bike. There are a lot better choices out there. Now that I got your attention I am just kidding. The road king is my favorite bike Harley makes and this one is bad ***. Welcome to the crowd and enjoy.

Old 03-02-2017 | 05:36 PM
Hogdoc45
Advanced

Quick run down.

After researching Bikes online.. Renting a 17 Street Glide to try out the M8 for a few days. I found the Bike I was looking for based on its looks alone.

While I know there are a lot of folks out there that aren't a fan of the RK Special It hit all the right notes for me.

After reading the reviews and going in to check the Bike out in person I had the dealer run some numbers to see if it would work out... It Did .. So paperwork done and having the Bike dropped off tomorrow.

Only thing I will probably do for now is switch out the Handlebar grips and add an A/C and Stage 1 Tune for my Birthday this summer.

Other than that.. I'm completely Stoked and looking forward to being a part of the community and more importantly getting out and riding with my wife and friends.

On to the Pics. ( will add some better ones tomorrow in daylight once I take possession)
Very sweet ride. I had a 2008 Road King Classic and loved it. Just traded (Oct '16) it in on a 2017 Tri Glide and am in love with it. Enjoy your RK!

Old 03-03-2017 | 12:12 PM
buggin02
Road Captain
Talking

Quick run down.

Road Kings are...and always have been the best looking bikes in the Harley stable(at least since their inception). But I don't like any of the radio options available for them so I will have to make do with an Ultra. Woe is me.

Congrats on the new ride! She is a beauty!

Old 03-03-2017 | 12:24 PM
bradn
Road Master

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
Welcome and Congrats on your new scoot!

Get the MoCo 4 point mounting bracket and sissy bar/pad. Get all that you can before 60 days or so and it will be covered under warranty.

Your local dealer can help you spent your hard earned money for free, or use online discount dealers.

Enjoy!

YB
What Yellowbird said. Plus, you should be getting a discount for 90 days. The 4-point dock is a nice setup and very versatile. You can probably find some 3rd party stuff out there, but I just went with the HD setup and really like it. 2nd one for me.

BTW, welcome, and enjoy your new machine. Although I still like chrome, I'm on the hunt for a blacked out bobber to keep my RGU company.

Old 03-03-2017 | 01:33 PM
FunnelCake Combo
|
Tourer

What type of Discount should I expect??

Should I just ask them if they will take 15 % off ??

I need to go buy a black sissy bar set up for the wife tomorrow.. prefer something that goes on and comes off quickly and about mid size.. nothing too short and not a real tall one either.

Also does the rear pad come with or do I buy that separate??

Never owned a touring bike so sorry for the newb question.. just need a little direction.

If I bought a Harley part online would they still warranty it?? This doesn't seem like something I would need the dealer to Install but maybe I should just since the bike is new??

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for all the welcoming feedback about the Bike as well

Quick Reply: First Harley.. ROAD KING SPECIAL