Sponsored by:

Info request from RGU owners-

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Slick-
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Info request from RGU owners-

Well the time is finally here to get serious about buyin my next dream machine. I'm trying to gather as much information as possible before going in to haggle on the bike. I plan to use three dealers local to me to see who wants my $$$ the most.

So my question is can you please tell me the deal that you've made on your bike. If you're not comfortable posting it here by all means please feel free to PM me the information. I'd like to thank you in advance, and I can't wait to become a member of the shark tank. Ya'all have a great day, and thanks again for the assist-

Slick-

Old 02-26-2017, 03:45 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

No 2 deals will be the same, there are too many variables. You know what MSRP is, see what each dealer wants for freight and prep/setup. Decide where you want to be in the end and negotiate. If you have a trade don't let them know until after you've negotiated on the price of the new one

The following users liked this post:
Slick- (02-26-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 03:53 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,363 Likes on 5,501 Posts

Have to agree to much goes into it . I have been doing business with same dealer a long time. So the deal I get you can't touch and it takes 5 minutes to do make the deal.
Shop around know what you want what it should cost. Good luck.

Slick- (02-26-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 06:34 PM
Beretta52
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Road Glides & Specials are not going to deviate much from MSRP. At least that's what the General Manager advised me when I traded up. They are Harley's most popular model now, as the Street glides used to be. But as previously stated no 2 deals will be alike. I got exceptional trade in for my 15 SGS, but paid retail $24699 for my 17 RGS. All said & done I walked out the door at $23400 but made up a better deal on what I traded. Dealer was on the 'heavy side" to sell it afterwards. I saw my old trade get sold & they made very little cash on the bike. the numbers worked out fine for me. Just do your homework & see more than one dealer for price comparison.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:46 PM
103luckygreenDude
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Getting these dealers to come off their price is work. They are professionals at this game and we buy a bike once in a while. Have your money/financing already set up at your bank. Pick a dealer and go in and "low ball" them and when they come back with their offer, be dramatic like their stealing your money. Pretend you have to check in with the wife and the wife never agrees! Walk out, come back another day, try this at other shops. Never shop hungry have plenty of time for the games. Soon you'll figure out what's a fair price.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:19 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 459 Likes on 358 Posts

I wrote the check for $26,500 on my 2017 RGU, that was the OTD price including freight, prep, doc fees, 7% MS sales tax, $50 MS trauma fund. There may have been some other BS tax or fee but can't remember off hand. It was an all cash deal with no trade, it was the first bike I had purchased at this dealer and the business manager is a good friend of my son from MX racing days so that may have played a part.

The deal was done with just a couple of phone calls. I saw the bike on their inventory list online, gave him a call and said "give me a price that makes me want to drive 3 hrs and spend $$$) He called me back 20 mins later with a price, of course I then presented him with a lowball counter. 15 mins later he called with his counter which I was very happy with, I told him I would be there Friday (2 days away) to pick it up.

Only other thing I can add is that you will absolutely love the RGU. I am 3 weeks and almost 2K miles and just can't get enough of ridding this thing

Slick- (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 10:42 AM
Slick-
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mxdad
I wrote the check for $26,500 on my 2017 RGU, that was the OTD price including freight, prep, doc fees, 7% MS sales tax, $50 MS trauma fund. There may have been some other BS tax or fee but can't remember off hand. It was an all cash deal with no trade, it was the first bike I had purchased at this dealer and the business manager is a good friend of my son from MX racing days so that may have played a part.

The deal was done with just a couple of phone calls. I saw the bike on their inventory list online, gave him a call and said "give me a price that makes me want to drive 3 hrs and spend $$$) He called me back 20 mins later with a price, of course I then presented him with a lowball counter. 15 mins later he called with his counter which I was very happy with, I told him I would be there Friday (2 days away) to pick it up.

Only other thing I can add is that you will absolutely love the RGU. I am 3 weeks and almost 2K miles and just can't get enough of ridding this thing

Excellent info, just what I'm lookin for. I know no two deals are alike, but if I can get a general idea of what the good deals are it'll be a great help not only to me, but to the many other fans of the shark looking to get on one. Thanks again brother-

Mxdad (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 11:15 AM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Slick,
When I PM'd you, I left off that I also got the 1k and 5k service tossed in as well.

Slick- (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 11:31 AM
Phalanx06
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my RGU in late Dec. They wouldn't budge on price since Road Glides are a hot commodity right now but they had a special for the month where they threw in a complete stage 1 (to include Pro Street Tuner) for free. I thought that was reasonable.

Slick- (02-27-2017)