Sponsored by:

My kings a little bit lighter

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 06:39 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
Default My kings a little bit lighter

Today I removed the front light bar from the nacelle & really like the look, I was originally going to p/c the nacelle black but think I'll just go with a black trim ring & black handle bar/ign cover, now I've removed all the extra lighting chrome. I've ordered the black bullet turn signals from a 2014 CVO RK & mounting hardware to fix them to the handlebars. Just got to work out what rear light bar will fit with black rears, think the 2009 street glide will work.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:25 AM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,100 Likes on 659 Posts

Looks good. I suspect you'll enjoy it, until you're driving at night and miss the extreme light coverage the passing lamps provided. When I had my 2004 RK all my lights were LED and they were obnoxiously bright. People use to flash me all the time and I loved it. It meant that they could see me and that's 1/2 of why I did it.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:33 AM
paullavery
Road Master

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Looks good. I suspect you'll enjoy it, until you're driving at night and miss the extreme light coverage the passing lamps provided. When I had my 2004 RK all my lights were LED and they were obnoxiously bright. People use to flash me all the time and I loved it. It meant that they could see me and that's 1/2 of why I did it.
Thanks, I rode it the other night & didn't notice much difference with them on, I'll be fitting some aftermarket lamps to the crash bar as I agree the most important thing is for other people to see you.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:39 AM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,100 Likes on 659 Posts

The difference between the stock light and the HD LED Daymaker Reflectors was insane! They really did may the night into day. It's hard to describe how ridiculously bright they were.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:50 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,366 Likes on 4,777 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
The difference between the stock light and the HD LED Daymaker Reflectors was insane! They really did may the night into day. It's hard to describe how ridiculously bright they were.
yup, wife and I had all three Daymakers on our previous bikes with the jumpers that allowed all to be on with the High Beams (but now it's just a DT software update). We were on Orcas Island at night where there's a million deer and pitch black out. It was like having Stadium floodlights way ahead and way off to the sides. VERY confidence inspiring to say the least. took me 10 years to realize $1000 in lighting was far more valuable than a $1000 in bling

Last edited by mjwebb; 12-29-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:21 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,791 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Looks great. Love the contrast of the gloss black and the orange.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:23 AM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by paullavery
Thanks, I rode it the other night & didn't notice much difference with them on, I'll be fitting some aftermarket lamps to the crash bar as I agree the most important thing is for other people to see you.
The '73 Z1 900 in your sig reminds me of one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

A buddy of mine had one those, and while home on leave we hit Main Street for a burger and Coke. The ladies were out in force that day, and as we left Rick was gawking at a carload coming at us. I'm getting on the bike and, hearing Rick's fire up, glanced just in time to watch him attempt to impress the gals by leaving me in the dust. What he forgot was the fork lock, and the bike promptly hooked straight down. Never forget the look on his face as he completed his 260 and jumped up.

He brought the house down ( once we knew he was OK ). At least I saw Joe Cool taken down a peg that day...

Old 12-29-2016, 11:46 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,633 Likes on 1,628 Posts

that 79 cbx 1000 is a six cylinder isn't it. that thing was the fastest bike on the street back then. pretty rare bike anymore.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:25 PM
paullavery
Road Master

Originally Posted by hardheaded
that 79 cbx 1000 is a six cylinder isn't it. that thing was the fastest bike on the street back then. pretty rare bike anymore.
Yep it is a 6, great sound when you open up the throttle.

Old 12-29-2016, 03:28 PM
paullavery
Road Master

Just about to order the custom dynamics filler LED turn signals & laydown smoked LED tail light & will remove the stock rear light bar, also looking into getting an LED headlight, not sure if I want to pay what HD are charging though.

Quick Reply: My kings a little bit lighter