Sponsored by:

107-114 Stage 3 - acceleration videos, Biketronics, and 500 mile review

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 10:06 PM
AdExec
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 107-114 Stage 3 - acceleration videos, Biketronics, and 500 mile review

Finally got some time to put the go pro on for a quick round of videos. I did a ton of research before buying the new street glide. I owned a 2013 model but most recently had the itch for Ducatis (Diavel and Hypermotard).

I ended up negotiating the stage 3 kit, SE tuner, SE exhaust, and heavy breather as part of my purchase. I paid msrp plus plus plus, but was able to negotiate heavily on parts and labor was free. win win.

*Stage 1 review
I took delivery with stage one already installed. I had test ridden the bike totally stock twice, on consecutive days prior to taking it home as a stage one

Notable differences from stock - 400 miles ridden as stage 1
Pipes are mellow, but would bark at full throttle - very slight increase in sound as I rode more
No flat spots at all - 5500rpm pulls just like 2500rpm - hesitation/dip in power band over 4k rpm stock is nonexistent on stage 1 bike

My stage 3 kit took about 2 weeks to get to dealer from HD. I dropped bike off on a Friday, and picked up bike on a Tuesday (closed sunday and monday).

*Stage 3 Review
Picked up bike mid-day - around 70* - Tech told me "be careful, it'll pick up the front tire." I rolled my eyes thinking that this Street Glide would have nothing on my Ducatis power delivery.

I was getting a feel for the new sounds and power band of the stage 3 kit for a couple miles. It didn't feel much faster at all. In fact I was totally underwhelmed. I did enjoy the new dimension of sound that came from the bike.

The cam made a HUGE difference in the idle sounds of the bike. The exhaust now sounded clearly modified at idle, and absolutely addictive under throttle. The heavy breather now makes considerably more noise sucking air in. No doubts the sounds say this thing has big power coming out of it.

About 10 miles into the ride, I decided to hit the highway. As I got around the corner to the acceleration ramp, I shifted in to second between 20-30mph, a car changed lanes last second and I grabbed a handful to get up to speed.

OH MY GOD this is totally new bike. The bike snarled, the heavy breather sucking in air like I hadn't heard before, the pipes, though mellow by harley standards, now sound ferocious. 2nd gear pulled hard to 60, maybe a little faster, I shift into 3rd and realize that Im running out of gear again as I look down to see the speedometer closing in on 90.

The bike doesn't feel any different, unless you ride it different. Twist the throttle, shift at 6,000rpm and hold on tight. I havent seen the bike lift a wheel, but in the videos, you'll see how hard it bucks me backward as i shift at close to full throttle.
Even at full rate and no parts discount, this upgrade would be worth every penny. I enjoyed the bike immensely prior to the stage 3, but the Ducatis in the garage are in serious jeopardy now. Fuel mapping is FLAWLESS so far. The SE tuner might not make as much power, but HD has given this bike an amazingly smooth acceleration delivery.

*Videos
I actually made these for a couple of friends, they were sent individually and I don't remember the exact order now but videos show:

1st gear roll on
2 gear roll on
3rd gear roll on
10-90mph rolling Start

Biketronics 2 channel amp/7.1 speakers/line leveler - fairing was dynomatted fully - 3/4 volume (5 spaces from full) - bluetooth to iPhone 7

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/elo3vcmff...6TTXi7Lba?dl=0

The following 3 users liked this post by AdExec:
cmashark (12-03-2016), MarkBorg (12-06-2016), sixguns (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 11:26 PM
steveg56
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

wow nice write up. Damn you make me want to get stage 3 in my list.

Old 12-03-2016, 04:59 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 459 Likes on 358 Posts

Very nice write up

Old 12-03-2016, 06:34 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Nice summary. Beautiful bike.