Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 12:12 PM
Bigsimp
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuner choice

Hi Paul
I'm Steve from N,Ireland I just received my Laguna Orange RK same as yours
loving your air cleaner choice.
Which tuner did you go with pls
Steve

Old 12-28-2016, 03:40 PM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Hi Steve,

I've just got a new licence for my dyno jet power vision, have just got a tune sent from Brian at fuel moto which I'll be loading tomorrow & will run a few auto tune sessions when the weather picks up.

Enjoy your new bike.

Cheers, Paul.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:58 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,108 Likes on 663 Posts

Took mine for a 250 mile cruise today. Hit a couple HD dealers and added 2 more poker chips to the collection. The bike runs like a dream.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:22 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member

Installed he HD Electra Glo Stealth LED Lamps and the Smart Siren II.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:06 PM
iglideUC
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Put on New Pipes with the up/down 2 piece tips. Went with Street Cannons. I know not much sound difference but honestly kinda enjoying riding hearing things other than ringing in my ear. Plus anything, to me, looks better than the stock pipes.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?-img_0439.jpg   What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?-c8f28f09-7ae5-4571-bde1-7254e58440ac.jpg.jpeg  

Last edited by iglideUC; 12-30-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:25 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member

Looks great! I'm digging my cannons too. I'm not a fan of super loud exhaust. I wanna hear stuff when I'm 60.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:58 PM
SGoertz
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rain today, no riding!

Raining today, so carleyed to dealership to get some street canons. Back home, I removed my modified stock slip-ons and installed the street canons. I fired her up before I installed the tips, yuk, sounded like the stock slip-ons before modification. I was very disappointed but told myself they were less restrictive due to the straight thru design. Besides the dealership told me modified slip-ons would void the warranty. Additionally they will not dyno a bike without certified changes. It looks like the only DIY changes available without voiding the warranty is the air cleaner and bling. Well, I did install the tips and was rewarded with a different sound. I'm not very impressed, but perhaps they will let me install some modified tips. I own a Machine Shop, so modifying or making tips from scratch is not out of the question. I am already working on an air cleaner. The base plate has been tested and fits. I also worked on modifying the design somewhat to get a lower profile. Now I need to make another and check it again. Be safe my Friends!

Old 12-31-2016, 11:00 PM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Number 6
cmashark, does you clutch dis-engage right at the end of travel..
man I hate that!
Mine does the same thing. Took a bit getting used to. I am going to ride it a bit more and see if this is status quo then talk to the dealership techs and see if there is any way to even slightly adjust it to engage a bit sooner.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:37 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 331 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by SGoertz
Raining today, so carleyed to dealership to get some street canons. Back home, I removed my modified stock slip-ons and installed the street canons. I fired her up before I installed the tips, yuk, sounded like the stock slip-ons before modification. I was very disappointed but told myself they were less restrictive due to the straight thru design. Besides the dealership told me modified slip-ons would void the warranty. Additionally they will not dyno a bike without certified changes. It looks like the only DIY changes available without voiding the warranty is the air cleaner and bling. Well, I did install the tips and was rewarded with a different sound. I'm not very impressed, but perhaps they will let me install some modified tips. I own a Machine Shop, so modifying or making tips from scratch is not out of the question. I am already working on an air cleaner. The base plate has been tested and fits. I also worked on modifying the design somewhat to get a lower profile. Now I need to make another and check it again. Be safe my Friends!
They will sound much better around the 700 mile mark with them on.. They come alive, believe me.. Everyone who installed them will concur...

The following users liked this post:
SGoertz (01-02-2017)
Old 01-01-2017, 05:38 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 331 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickatnyt
Mine does the same thing. Took a bit getting used to. I am going to ride it a bit more and see if this is status quo then talk to the dealership techs and see if there is any way to even slightly adjust it to engage a bit sooner.
There is no clutch adjustment with the new clutch's..

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?