Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 12:33 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 429 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Connole

wow....that looks nice 👍 Love to see a pic of the bike
@BornFree10 next to my other bike.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:57 PM
Mrevilix
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mjwebb
Thanks man

Old 06-27-2018, 04:50 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
what kind of tour pack did you put on?
That's one of the cheap $79 trunks you can find on Amazon and elsewhere. It was purchased for use on my Dyna and mounted on a spared QD luggage rack. Traded in the Dyna 2 weeks ago for the glide. cheap trunk Much nicer tourpak on the way. Just playing around with this one for the moment.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 06-27-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:55 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mrevilix
Cleaned it up over the weekend. Wife and three girls messing around

I have a question since you have yours on a jack. I've got a Craftsman jack I modified to work with my Dyna. Dyna now gone!!! Are your pads still in the original location or did you have to make any changes with your jack? Looking underneath my bike briefly one day it looks fairly smooth and unobstructed for jacking with the regular bike jack.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:18 PM
Mrevilix
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
I have a question since you have yours on a jack. I've got a Craftsman jack I modified to work with my Dyna. Dyna now gone!!! Are your pads still in the original location or did you have to make any changes with your jack? Looking underneath my bike briefly one day it looks fairly smooth and unobstructed for jacking with the regular bike jack.
I didn’t have to modify anything, works great with my bike.

The following users liked this post:
tnriverluver (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 07:02 PM
George Vee
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 39 Posts

I put a solo saddleman seat on today

The following 2 users liked this post by George Vee:
FunnelCake Combo (06-30-2018), sportglide (07-08-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 03:58 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Received and mounted the chopped tourpak. Flawless paint and really nice quality piece from Amazon! Still need to put the backrest pad on. Really pleased with this purchase!

Old 06-30-2018, 01:07 PM
M8_Softails
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

I added front and rear pegs, sissy bar, windshield, LED brake light, smoked lenses, frame bag, crash bar, grips, chrome side covers, and mounted my camera.
I traded my road king for this and 2700 in parts.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:41 PM
jam788
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1 & 12 inch monkeys

Had the stage one kit installed on my 17 street glide special yesterday. Already had Reinharts. Wow - very loud compared to a stock bike.
Switched out the reinharts back to stock mufflers and it's awesome. Tech said leave it mapped the stock mufflers can handle it - and he was right.
Headers and high flow ac made a big difference. I know the dyno doesnt lie, but the dyno numbers don't do the stage 1 justice. My bike feels like it's running out from under me now.
I had the harley apes installed and I'm kind of disappointed. 12 inch puts your hands up there, and the throttle grip has play in it now that is scary when your hauling around a turn and hit a bump. Pisses me off. It's like a spacer on the handle inside the switches was not installed. Also the throttle has play on the bar up and down.
Any suggestions would be great. I've had the thing apart twice and theres no way to improve it without adding something.

later-

Last edited by jam788; 06-30-2018 at 02:44 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 06-30-2018, 04:53 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,794 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Originally Posted by jam788

Had the stage one kit installed on my 17 street glide special yesterday. Already had Reinharts. Wow - very loud compared to a stock bike.
Switched out the reinharts back to stock mufflers and it's awesome. Tech said leave it mapped the stock mufflers can handle it - and he was right.
Headers and high flow ac made a big difference. I know the dyno doesnt lie, but the dyno numbers don't do the stage 1 justice. My bike feels like it's running out from under me now.
I had the harley apes installed and I'm kind of disappointed. 12 inch puts your hands up there, and the throttle grip has play in it now that is scary when your hauling around a turn and hit a bump. Pisses me off. It's like a spacer on the handle inside the switches was not installed. Also the throttle has play on the bar up and down.
Any suggestions would be great. I've had the thing apart twice and theres no way to improve it without adding something.

later-
When you say it's scary when you hit a bump, what's happening? Rolling on, or rolling off throttle? TBW is very touchy to begin with. Is your wrist fairly straight when reaching for the brake lever? Improper wrist alignment can cause a "heavy" hand on the throttle.

As far as missing spacers/parts goes, ask the installer.

BTW, nice bike!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?