Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 05:02 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,794 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Ditched the OEM/DOT reflectors.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:10 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,794 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
I started the process of correcting paint and sealing the paint up with CQUK. $800 for two tone paint with enough orange peel it's probably a secret novel the blind could read in braille. I've started a thread in the detailing section.

Just curious. With all the problems you've reported after you took delivery of your M8, wasn't the severe orange peel apparent before delivery?

Old 04-23-2018, 06:27 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by barneyboy
Just curious. With all the problems you've reported after you took delivery of your M8, wasn't the severe orange peel apparent before delivery?
Everything now days has massive orange peel. It just does not become apparent how bad until you start working with it. When you buff out and seal paint the standard ways some of it disappears/hides to a degree. When you put the paper to it after completely stripping the paint of past products. It can be alarming....

Old 04-23-2018, 07:39 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Put Amsoil in her , taking her for a ride later if the back holds up.
I ran it and it's amazing how much quieter the mechanical noise is too.I used to hear a slight wooshing from the middle of the bike and the nose cone had a tiny little chain noise.
The only mechanical noise I can hear now is the primary , If someone had told me how much quieter Amsoil was I would go "fake news" straight up this being the M8 forum and all but man it's a seriously quiet engine now.

Last edited by badcooky; 04-23-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:39 PM
alyupe11
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brought it home...

Old 04-23-2018, 09:15 PM
badcooky
Banned

Suweet man.
Looks good.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:40 PM
SoCalHDMC
Road Captain
Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by badcooky
Put Amsoil in her , taking her for a ride later if the back holds up.
I ran it and it's amazing how much quieter the mechanical noise is too.I used to hear a slight wooshing from the middle of the bike and the nose cone had a tiny little chain noise.
The only mechanical noise I can hear now is the primary , If someone had told me how much quieter Amsoil was I would go "fake news" straight up this being the M8 forum and all but man it's a seriously quiet engine now.
Amsoil in the engine only, or trans. and primary too? If trans. and primary, did you use the specific Amsoil product for trans. and primary? Curious because I have a case of Amsoil 20/50 engine oil and a couple quarts each of the trans. and primary fluid for the next change. Just did the 5k service but I used HD Syn3 in the engine and Formula+ in the trans. and primary until I am convinced the engine isn't eating oil or pumping it into the primary (trans. didn't move perceptibly in 3800 miles).

Originally Posted by alyupe11
Brought it home...
Seems like they are so damn pretty on the first day. Kinda like a first date with a hot chick! You still dig 'em years later, but that first time...

Old 04-23-2018, 11:56 PM
badcooky
Banned

Originally Posted by SoCalHDMC
Amsoil in the engine only, or trans. and primary too? If trans. and primary, did you use the specific Amsoil product for trans. and primary? Curious because I have a case of Amsoil 20/50 engine oil and a couple quarts each of the trans. and primary fluid for the next change. Just did the 5k service but I used HD Syn3 in the engine and Formula+ in the trans. and primary until I am convinced the engine isn't eating oil or pumping it into the primary (trans. didn't move perceptibly in 3800 miles).

Seems like they are so damn pretty on the first day. Kinda like a first date with a hot chick! You still dig 'em years later, but that first time...
Only the engine SoCal but I will definitely use the Amsoil type for the other 2 holes man,it's that freaking quiet now it's scary ha ha , I don't know what they are for the other 2 holes but I'll get them and very soon.
Cheers man.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:26 AM
WristpinKnock
Cruiser
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalHDMC
...Just did the 5k service but I used HD Syn3 in the engine and Formula+ in the trans. and primary until I am convinced the engine isn't eating oil or pumping it into the primary (trans. didn't move perceptibly in 3800 miles).
I thought the transfer/pumping issues were between the gearbox and primary case? If your transmission is maintaining its correct level, you should be good, right? Its not transferring oil into the primary.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:44 AM
M8_Softails
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by alyupe11
Brought it home...
Congrats and enjoy!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Milwaukee-8 today?