Sponsored by:

M8 problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 09:33 PM
B24moore
Intermediate
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
Oh I hope they do... The Moco shows em on their website..
Originally Posted by Redrodyankneck
If bike is tuned properly and use good oil (Amsoil for me lowered temps 10deg before) I think this motor will be really happy.

Now he's gone and done it!!
I also switched to am soil in all 3 holes and it was a noticeable difference.

The following users liked this post:
nordhaven (04-27-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 04:23 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 874 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
This was not is any way the case when I had 3 stock 107 engines replaced under warranty. Not sure how this mythology of only bikes "ridden hard" (not that any scenarios you describe can be called hard IMHO) had problems.
When I added the "disclaimer" in my last post I had you in mind.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:23 PM
SMR65
Road Master
Received 877 Likes on 472 Posts

A buddy of mine and my Indy, sent me this pic. A 19 STGS will a 114 with a S&S 465 cam with 40km or 25k miles I know the guy, he rides hard, but no abuse. No launching from a dead stop or any rolling burn outs. Buddy has been wrenching for years and has never seen this before. I told him, I seen one broke just like that on the HD forum, but can’t remember what thread, but do remember it was in three pieces.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:26 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,345 Likes on 4,768 Posts

Originally Posted by SMR65

A buddy of mine and my Indy, sent me this pic. A 19 STGS will a 114 with a S&S 465 cam with 40km or 25k miles I know the guy, he rides hard, but no abuse. No launching from a dead stop or any rolling burn outs. Buddy has been wrenching for years and has never seen this before. I told him, I seen one broke just like that on the HD forum, but can’t remember what thread, but do remember it was in three pieces.
wouldn't one tend to thinking isolated casting flaw / weakness or something? I mean there's literally about a million M8 engines out there by now and this is not common...many folks have performance builds and do beat on them and we don't even see that crowd reporting this over the years aside from maybe sporadic here and there incidents

Old 08-04-2021, 06:37 PM
SMR65
Road Master
Received 877 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
wouldn't one tend to thinking isolated casting flaw / weakness or something? I mean there's literally about a million M8 engines out there by now and this is not common...many folks have performance builds and do beat on them and we don't even see that crowd reporting this over the years aside from maybe sporadic here and there incidents
Oh i agree, like i said, he's never seen one break like that before and i told him i seen ONE on the forum here, that was broke in three pieces, just like that one.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:54 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,526 Posts

Originally Posted by SMR65

While it may be rare, there must be at least some kind of demand because numerous aftermarket companies are now making stronger ramps, TTS and Cycle Rama to name a few.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:53 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Quik
While it may be rare, there must be at least some kind of demand because numerous aftermarket companies are now making stronger ramps, TTS and Cycle Rama to name a few.
name a part on a Harley that an aftermarket company doesn’t make a replacement part for😎😜

The following users liked this post:
smitty901 (08-04-2021)
Old 08-04-2021, 08:42 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,526 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
name a part on a Harley that an aftermarket company doesn’t make a replacement part for😎😜
True, but the a big majority or those parts are farkles, this ramp is not shiny or flashy and doesn’t provide any performance benefit other than it shouldn’t break.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:00 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

True, but the a big majority or those parts are farkles, this ramp is not shiny or flashy and doesn’t provide any performance benefit other than it shouldn’t break.
aftermarket performance companies are about building a better mousetrap and definitely do R&D and make improvements over OEM..on many things..at least failures are the exception not the rule for the most part....truth is we see and hear about aftermarket parts having failures too so, well, nothing man made is ever perfect or guaranteed not to fail

Old 08-04-2021, 09:08 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,212 Likes on 3,383 Posts

I am hoping so! You can hear that ramp getting pounded at an idle with a lopey cam. I didn't want a piece getting jammed under the flywheel, those are some ugly pics.
Looks like the dude in the pic above got lucky!

Quick Reply: M8 problems