Sponsored by:

M8 problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 05:55 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,775 Likes on 1,602 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthWestern
I have no idea what you are talking about...
Heatwave.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:26 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,213 Likes on 3,384 Posts

Originally Posted by barneyboy
Heatwave.
LOL I know, was just messin' with MJ

Old 10-18-2020, 06:57 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,408 Likes on 5,010 Posts

I think they took away his send button....

Old 11-23-2020, 11:22 AM
Bohemian
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bohemian
once the bike is started, the battery is just along for the ride, the alternator is providing all the juice from that point. After the bike is started you can disconnect the battery and ride all day without it, till you shut down and need to restart...

As I said after it starts it runs like crap and won't stay running without being on the throttle and it's still missing and blowing black smoke...

I had the H-D dealer pick it up saturday and when it was picked up I showed em the hard start followed by running like crap issue that started the same day...

they just called me, no codes, historical or otherwise, and the battery is perfect and...

They have not been able to reproduce the issue since it got there...

So I'm like great, I have a f-n intermittant issue on a two year old bike with 5,400 miles...

perfect.
So this intermittant issue is back, since I got nowhere with HD Dealer & it's out of warranty I put a FP3 FuelPack on it to help diagnose the problem easier & a high flow air cleaner and did the two tank autotune V&H recomends...

Everything seemed good until this weekend when the same issue started up again, that I had before I did anything to the bike...

FP3 Shows no codes, the only thing I've noticed is the intermittant issue also occured on a Saturday when I was doing a lot of errand running around town, with a lot of stops & starts, it seems like a couple blips on the throttle smooths things out now though and again it's intermittant, because it's the same issue I had before the FP3 & High Flow Air Cleaner install I'm thinking it has to be something H-D with fuel/timing/spark but I can't seem to find any smoking gun... at the moment.

And I'm not willing to keep taking it to the dealer & have them tell me they can't find anything either, waste of money.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:31 AM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Bohemian
So this intermittant issue is back, since I got nowhere with HD Dealer & it's out of warranty I put a FP3 FuelPack on it to help diagnose the problem easier & a high flow air cleaner and did the two tank autotune V&H recomends...

Everything seemed good until this weekend when the same issue started up again, that I had before I did anything to the bike...

FP3 Shows no codes, the only thing I've noticed is the intermittant issue also occured on a Saturday when I was doing a lot of errand running around town, with a lot of stops & starts, it seems like a couple blips on the throttle smooths things out now though and again it's intermittant, because it's the same issue I had before the FP3 & High Flow Air Cleaner install I'm thinking it has to be something H-D with fuel/timing/spark but I can't seem to find any smoking gun... at the moment.

And I'm not willing to keep taking it to the dealer & have them tell me they can't find anything either, waste of money.
maybe a bad ECU?

Old 01-12-2021, 09:47 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Anyone with a Milwaukee 8.. particularly those built before mid year 2019 should listen to this in refference to oil pump upgrade/problem.
https://www.lawabidingbiker.com/250/

Old 01-15-2021, 08:20 AM
markdavidson
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nine11c2
Anyone with a Milwaukee 8.. particularly those built before mid year 2019 should listen to this in refference to oil pump upgrade/problem.
https://www.lawabidingbiker.com/250/
the article has the two 2020 pump part numbers reversed

Old 01-15-2021, 08:23 AM
Burbur2
Grand HDF Member
Received 871 Likes on 520 Posts

Buhahaha true looks like we know more here on this forum than Law Abiding Biker - he should learn something from this forum before sharing this misinformation. I like his videos bit this is serious mistake

Old 01-15-2021, 08:25 AM
markdavidson
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Burbur2
Buhahaha true looks like we know more here on this forum than Law Abiding Biker - he should learn something from this forum before sharing this misinformation. I like his videos bit this is serious mistake
I had to double check...scared the **** out of me because my 247 is supposed to be here today LOL

Old 01-15-2021, 08:31 AM
Burbur2
Grand HDF Member
Received 871 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by markdavidson
I had to double check...scared the **** out of me because my 247 is supposed to be here today LOL
my 247 is in the cart already as well

Quick Reply: M8 problems