Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Low rider it is, but did you reread ya post makes no sense to me

Old 12-30-2019, 05:02 PM
Redrodyankneck
Stellar HDF Member
Received 874 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by Siner
Low rider it is, but did you reread ya post makes no sense to me
Look up a video on how to balance a motorcycle tire and it will become clear.

The key is the tire has to be free to spin, therefore my comment about pushing the brake pads with a few shims. All disc brake pads have a certain amount of drag on the rotor, it's how they work. If the tire is free to spin ,either on a tire stand or on the bike, then the "heavy spot " of the tire/wheel will come to rest at 6 o'clock, it's just gravity doing it's thing.

Old 12-31-2019, 08:56 AM
Siner
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That clears that up, didn’t know what a rotor was we call it brake disc here

Old 01-03-2020, 05:57 AM
18deluxerider
Tourer
Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Siner - that is interesting guess there are terminology differences to be expected. but the components have the same call out names in the parts catalogs. so it also some manufactures I have seen the gm service manuals refer to them as brake disk's. it is a manufacturer nomenclature. good stuff. general motors now only refers to the alternators as generators regardless of there operation they have been very specific of the proper use of no longer referencing it as a alternator.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:18 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,213 Likes on 3,384 Posts

Originally Posted by Siner
That clears that up, didn’t know what a rotor was we call it brake disc here
Interesting. I worked with techs from the UK, OZ, NZ, etc and never heard them call it a disc. It's a big ol' world out there, to be sure though

Old 01-16-2020, 12:02 PM
Brian Husk
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got 2020 SGS. Seems like this thread has quieted down some, which I take as being a good sign. Any outstanding issues with the new M8 I should be aware of? Only thing I've seen recently is maybe some bikes are consuming more oil than they should be. Anything else?

I've got 425mi on the bike so far and it rides like a dream. Big step up from my 06 Fatboy.

The following users liked this post:
Ddieselsmoke (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 12:19 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,345 Likes on 4,768 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Husk
Just got 2020 SGS. Seems like this thread has quieted down some, which I take as being a good sign. Any outstanding issues with the new M8 I should be aware of? Only thing I've seen recently is maybe some bikes are consuming more oil than they should be. Anything else?

I've got 425mi on the bike so far and it rides like a dream. Big step up from my 06 Fatboy.
my 2020 RGS with 3500 miles has been flawless...I think if you consider with Four MY maturity behind them, naturally they have addressed most of the growing pain issues...primary vent, oil pumps, clutch switch, clutch recall, oil cooler hose clamp, head gaskets, hopefully wheel bearings but not holding my breath...probably missed a thing or two but imo it's the best time yet to be a new Harley owner

Old 01-16-2020, 12:26 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
my 2020 RGS with 3500 miles has been flawless...I think if you consider with Four MY maturity behind them, naturally they have addressed most of the growing pain issues...primary vent, oil pumps, clutch switch, clutch recall, oil cooler hose clamp, head gaskets, hopefully wheel bearings but not holding my breath...probably missed a thing or two but imo it's the best time yet to be a new Harley owner
In some respects your right. Hopefully the marketplace agrees with you. We'll all have a sense if the market agrees with that assessment on Jan 28 when HD reports its 4th quarter earnings and full year 2019 earnings. From a product perspective, they may have addressed the M8 issues but the question will remain do they have the right products and do they have those products priced correctly to grow the company.

The earnings report NEVER lies. And the market will always decide if HD has the right products and the right price. Personally, I think they are closing in on the right products with the right quality but their premium pricing may get in the way of growing the business. The one thing they have going for them right now is an incredible growing US economy with growing wages and lots of disposable cash floating around. If they can't grow now, I'm not sure when they will ever be able to grow.

Old 01-16-2020, 01:02 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,345 Likes on 4,768 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
In some respects your right. Hopefully the marketplace agrees with you. We'll all have a sense if the market agrees with that assessment on Jan 28 when HD reports its 4th quarter earnings and full year 2019 earnings. From a product perspective, they may have addressed the M8 issues but the question will remain do they have the right products and do they have those products priced correctly to grow the company.

The earnings report NEVER lies. And the market will always decide if HD has the right products and the right price. Personally, I think they are closing in on the right products with the right quality but their premium pricing may get in the way of growing the business. The one thing they have going for them right now is an incredible growing US economy with growing wages and lots of disposable cash floating around. If they can't grow now, I'm not sure when they will ever be able to grow.
all the guy said was he was excited with 'his' new bike and wanted to know if there are any outstanding issues he should possibly be concerned about with 'his' new purchase...and you are playing the HD Financials Part 3 card, which Part 1 & 2 you drove to to the point of being locked by the Forum Mods..sideways and off the topic rails....again...good grief

The following 3 users liked this post by mjwebb:
FatBob2018 (01-16-2020), MTBIG G (01-16-2020), NorthWestern (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 01:26 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
all the guy said was he was excited with 'his' new bike and wanted to know if there are any outstanding issues he should possibly be concerned about with 'his' new purchase...and you are playing the HD Financials Part 3 card, which Part 1 & 2 you drove to to the point of being locked by the Forum Mods..sideways and off the topic rails....again...good grief
Not sure which guy you're referring to as this is a 4 yr old thread about "M8 issues". The market will decide if the M8 issues have been satisfactorily addressed. I happen to agree with your assessment so that's at least 2 of us. Hopefully the marketplace agrees too.

Quick Reply: M8 problems