Sponsored by:

M8 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 01:47 PM
hdrider1
Tourer
Received 203 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by JONNIEROCK
To many guys on the corporate Kool-Aid. If the gentleman wants to ride something that not always broke down, Buy something different. I've got a Chevrolet, some of my friends have Dodges and Fords, Who cares ? Don't take it so personal.
I have little to no tolerance for whiners and people who ride Jap Crap. I especially have no desire to see their rhetoric on a Harley Forum. If you've left the Harley fold for whatever reason, just go away.

Old 08-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by JONNIEROCK
You are absolutley correct. This is the main reason for Harley being in the financial state it is in.
Exactly ..... I’ve had more oil leaks and parts fall off my 17 custom than I’ve had on my 10 year old toro push mower.

And to think I could have brought 20 mowers for the price of the Harley , thrown 1 away every year not having to change oil filters or plugs and still have 10 still in the garage.

But if one blew up 1 out of 20 defective units is ok I guess ?

Wiz Bang 🤘

Old 08-25-2019, 07:07 AM
mjhd
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hdrider1
I have little to no tolerance for whiners and people who ride Jap Crap. I especially have no desire to see their rhetoric on a Harley Forum. If you've left the Harley fold for whatever reason, just go away.
Hate to tell you this but harleys are not made from 100% usa parts.Haven't been for a long time.
https://www.jsonline.com/story/money...rts/741163002/
Harley stock price has been on a steady decline getting lower every year.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:31 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hdrider1
OMG ... Where the rubber hits the road Is made in Australia
How about that MATE...Un freakin believable.

And not only that the Keihin screaming eagle carbs are made in Japan.

Your riding more foreign product than my best friends French wife.

Wiz Out 🇦🇺

Last edited by Wizardofaus; 08-25-2019 at 09:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Chillis (09-01-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 06:28 AM
tomcat3b
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So here's an update on a previous post: My 2017 Road King with 9700 miles was shifting a little hard last week. I checked the trans dipstick and it was dry. I called the dealer(Big St. Charles HD in St Louis) and they said to bring it in, they change all 3 holes and send it out for 5000 miles. When it comes back, they do the vent fix if still transferring. Well...when they drained the trans, only a cup of oil came out, so they verified the transfer right then and there and performed the vent fix. My bike is not under warranty any more, but this fix was free. They said technically this is a recall fix. I could not be happier

I suppose I'll be checking my trans dipstick more often now

Old 08-26-2019, 07:41 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by tomcat3b
So here's an update on a previous post: My 2017 Road King with 9700 miles was shifting a little hard last week. I checked the trans dipstick and it was dry. I called the dealer(Big St. Charles HD in St Louis) and they said to bring it in, they change all 3 holes and send it out for 5000 miles. When it comes back, they do the vent fix if still transferring. Well...when they drained the trans, only a cup of oil came out, so they verified the transfer right then and there and performed the vent fix. My bike is not under warranty any more, but this fix was free. They said technically this is a recall fix. I could not be happier

I suppose I'll be checking my trans dipstick more often now
They rode ya bike for 5000 miles ?!?!?!?, I hope they put a new set of tires on it for ya as well.

Wiz 😳

Old 08-26-2019, 08:00 AM
saddlebag
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
At the same time they lowered the cost of paint with far less expensive designs and jacked the prices much higher.
They invested in SOA and now everyone is willing to pay premium paint prices for parts covered in rattle can black. How's that for ROI?

Old 08-26-2019, 08:14 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by saddlebag
They invested in SOA and now everyone is willing to pay premium paint prices for parts covered in rattle can black. How's that for ROI?
I suppose its the same ROI as dropping the heel shifter on all the 2020 non-CVO bikes and requiring customers to buy it and install it themselves for an extra $50. Talk about being cheap! Great for ROI, awful for customer loyalty and market share.

I heard a rumor that the 2021 HD bikes will come without a seat or tires AND with a price increase .... but you can order seats and tires for extra through the catalog. Great for ROI.

Last edited by Heatwave; 08-26-2019 at 08:18 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Heatwave:
northshore_paul (08-26-2019), saddlebag (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 08:22 AM
saddlebag
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
I suppose its the same ROI as dropping the heel shifter on all the 2020 non-CVO bikes and requiring customers to buy it and install it themselves for an extra $50. Talk about being cheap! Great for ROI, awful for customer loyalty and market share.

I heard a rumor that the 2021 HD bikes will come without a seat or tires AND with a price increase .... but you can order seats and tires for extra through the catalog. Great for ROI.
Actually, that's not a bad idea. Usually, the stuff that comes on the stock bikes is pretty awful. I wouldn't mind paying a little more to get the right stuff added at the factory. Cheaper than tearing it apart to fix it and then building a shed to keep all the stock parts...

Old 08-26-2019, 08:34 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by saddlebag
Actually, that's not a bad idea. Usually, the stuff that comes on the stock bikes is pretty awful. I wouldn't mind paying a little more to get the right stuff added at the factory. Cheaper than tearing it apart to fix it and then building a shed to keep all the stock parts...
Not if you're paying more to have it deleted at the factory.

Last edited by Heatwave; 08-26-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Quick Reply: M8 problems