Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M8 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 05:31 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by mjhd
Definitely done with harley. Had 4 so far and they obviously don't care about the customer. buy a new bike and it needs new seat and rear shocks right off the bat.Then 1000 miles and you have known issues that they can't fix but keep on selling.
I traded in my 2016 softail deluxe thinking I was getting something better, if they keep losing customers maybe they will get it and start caring about customers.
You’re not alone.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:30 PM
SMR65
Road Master
Received 877 Likes on 472 Posts

Definitely done with harley. Had 4 so far and they obviously don't care about the customer. buy a new bike and it needs new seat and rear shocks right off the bat.Then 1000 miles and you have known issues that they can't fix but keep on selling.
I traded in my 2016 softail deluxe thinking I was getting something better, if they keep losing customers maybe they will get it and start caring about customers.
So u have bought 4 harleys and have had trouble with all 4 or just this one? When u can have the vent put in under warranty and its seems to be the fix. I can understand why u wanted full pop back on the bike. Have fun on the goldwing.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:32 PM
northshore_paul
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Yep I expect too much. Guess I'll keep this until warranty runs out then buy a gold wing.
Don't wait, you should do it now while you have the least amount of depreciation on the HD and it is still under warranty. Being able to sell a bike that is still under warranty is a big plus that a buyer will consider. Unfortunately if you look on any of the motorcycle sales websites you will see many HD's and their prices are depressed. The GW is a bike you can keep for years and miles and not have to return to the dealer for anything other than routine scheduled maintenance if you are not one to do your own.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:33 AM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

Nope ! Not going to happen. Their sales are just about half what it used to be and still falling, and the reason is because of customers like you. Completely dissatisfied, love to ride, and purchase another make of motorcycle, because you work to hard to pi$$
your money away on something that sits in the shop all the time. I feel your pain.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:18 AM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,716 Likes on 1,991 Posts

27,000 miles on my 2016, still on the stock shocks. No complaints from me.

I thought you were leaving?

Old 08-22-2019, 03:36 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 531 Likes on 380 Posts

Yep I expect too much. Guess I'll keep this until warranty runs out then buy a gold wing.
Why wait...go for it!!!

Old 08-22-2019, 07:41 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

Try working on a 2018 Goldwing or even simple as changing air filter it requires to have so much Tupperware removed you would wish to have Tupperware sales party so you won't have to deal with it ever again.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:44 PM
hdrider1
Tourer
Received 203 Likes on 112 Posts

Don't let the door hit you on the way out -- too many whiners.

Old 08-22-2019, 08:55 PM
northshore_paul
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by hdrider1
Don't let the door hit you on the way out -- too many whiners.
That is why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors, you can't please everyone with just one flavor....or brand of motorcycle. It doesn't make one brand better or worse, just what you have a taste for, and tastes do change through life.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:22 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

So let me understand the thinking here. Harley’s cratering sales and guys are telling current Harley owners to go buy another brand. Yep, that’s going help Harley future sales.

Quick Reply: M8 problems