Sponsored by:

M8 problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 04:56 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,345 Likes on 4,768 Posts

Originally Posted by strych9
I second this. I fill to full on changes and it doesn't drop at all between the 5K intervals. I run conventional oil, and have done so since my build.
you got yourself one helluva' great build and an example of how one is put together right..remember when you started and all the great reports since..congrats man!

Old 07-01-2019, 05:22 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,886 Likes on 3,702 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
you got yourself one helluva' great build and an example of how one is put together right..remember when you started and all the great reports since..congrats man!
Thank you! I'm unbelievably happy with it.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:43 AM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by skid_pimp
Most? Where or where did you get that interesting factoid?
Well with a thread with almost 2000 posts would be a start. I really like this site because people will give you the straightforward scoop on problems with their bikes, then other people with the given information can make a rational decision on their buying or not buying a new bike. What takes away from this is people taking a problematical model personally. If you own one, and have no problems, well good for you, it should be problem free. If you pay 30k for a bike it shouldn’t speed a lot time in the shop.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:02 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by JONNIEROCK
Well with a thread with almost 2000 posts would be a start. I really like this site because people will give you the straightforward scoop on problems with their bikes, then other people with the given information can make a rational decision on their buying or not buying a new bike. What takes away from this is people taking a problematical model personally. If you own one, and have no problems, well good for you, it should be problem free. If you pay 30k for a bike it shouldn’t speed a lot time in the shop.
Which thread was it that you counted nearly 2000 posts of different folks transferring? I must have missed that one. I don't dispute that transferring is occurring in some possibly many instances, I just don't think you can really say most in reference to this.

I agree I love that folks are straight forward and upfront with issues that they have encountered. And that owners or potential owners of a model can use this information to their benefit. But unfortunately some of those very same folks don't actually read all the posts, or threads available on a particular topic, therefor we should do our best to be as accurate as possible to not lead them astray.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:21 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

We should probably let this thread die.
By now, even ppl who ride Vespa’s know not to buy a 2017-18 hydraulic clutch actuated tourer from HD LOL

Old 07-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Oldirty
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Wow.
What was your last bike that you owned before you bought this one?
2012 Heritage

Old 07-02-2019, 12:34 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 255 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by JONNIEROCK
What would people do without forums to post about every little problem in their life. Hey Jonnie try reading the "How many miles on your M8" with no problems, over 7,000 replies, so much for your theory on "MOST" are having problems, I've got over 50K on my 17 RG & mine has never been off the dipstick & I go 20K between changes. Half the people complaining don't even have a M8, where's your's?

The following 2 users liked this post by DTTJGlide:
Animalhd1 (07-30-2019), skid_pimp (07-03-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Supergo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SluggoMagoo
Call Spitzies. See if you can get it vented.

Excellent customer service by Spitzies. They installed my vent kit under warranty.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:40 PM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
What would people do without forums to post about every little problem in their life. Hey Jonnie try reading the "How many miles on your M8" with no problems, over 7,000 replies, so much for your theory on "MOST" are having problems, I've got over 50K on my 17 RG & mine has never been off the dipstick & I go 20K between changes. Half the people complaining don't even have a M8, where's your's?
Whoa! Don't take this so personal. Like I said if your bike is Ok good for you. I've got 2017 Chevy truck, runs like a watch, some my friends not so lucky, I don't tell them to quit bad mouthing Chevy trucks. They have every right to be upset, and if someone listened to them and decided not to buy one because of it, who really cares there's a ton of good trucks out there, so as with motorcycles.

The following users liked this post:
Animalhd1 (07-30-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 11:15 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide

20k between oil changes .
Let me be the first to call ... BULLSHIT !!!!

And I bet you pad ya bra on first dates.

The egos of some people.

Wiz 🧐

The following users liked this post:
splattttttt (07-04-2019)

Quick Reply: M8 problems