Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

No start PC USB

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:40 AM
RWM
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start PC USB

I have a 2002 Deuce with EFI my up grades include Arlen Ness Big Sucker, 95 inch with HD flat top pistons, S&S 510G cams, Vance&Hines Big Shots and A Power Commander USB. My problem is if the bike sits for a week or more it will not start unless I disconect the PC and connect direct in to the stock ECM. It all so takes longer to start when it is warmed up. I have replaced the crank shaft sensor and cleaned all the grounds and installed star washers under the terminals. The PC USB is new form Fuel Motto it is replacing a PC III that was 4 years old that I though was the problem. I have tried at least 6 different maps with on change. The bike starts with out turning over more than twice with out the PC connected but runs like crap with the PC connected it turns over at least a half dozen time before it starts when its warmed up but it runs great. If any one has any ideas I would appreciate the help. RWM

Old 03-27-2007, 03:49 AM
rodder37
Advanced
Default RE: No start PC USB

I'm no expert but maybe you have a remap of the ECM and you are putting stock ECM maps into the PCIII? Maybe the guys at the dyno can help. I just put one on my 06 Softail Standard but all I have done is start it so far....it starts fine. When the ice is gone I'll road test it. The FuelMoto guys set mine up so am confident it will work ok. I hope you find the problem. When you do find the problem please post it for future reference.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:39 AM
kwas
Cruiser

There have been a couple guys that have had this issue with the PCIII. The issue of the "more than 2 cranks" has been pretty muchnarrowed down to the waiting on theEFI fuel pump priming and re-powering up of the PCIII. What I have noticed is that most guys start their bikes in the following manner: Turn ignition ****, flip run/kill switch to run, wait for engine lite to go out, hit the starter. In this sequence, when the ignition is turned on, power goes to the PCIII which goes into a self check.Then thefuel pump goes into priming for theEFI. In the intruim, the PCIII powers down until it receives signal to re-power from the cranking of the starter, which makes it go through the self check again.

A couple of my friends have the PCIII and have not noticed any delay. However, none of them use the run/kill switch only the ignition ****. Maybe the issue is solved by flipping the run/kill to run then turning the ignition ****. This way both the PCIII and the fuel pump gets power at the same time.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:03 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,119 Likes on 357 Posts

ORIGINAL: kwas

There have been a couple guys that have had this issue with the PCIII. The issue of the "more than 2 cranks" has been pretty muchnarrowed down to the waiting on theEFI fuel pump priming and re-powering up of the PCIII. What I have noticed is that most guys start their bikes in the following manner: Turn ignition ****, flip run/kill switch to run, wait for engine lite to go out, hit the starter. In this sequence, when the ignition is turned on, power goes to the PCIII which goes into a self check.Then thefuel pump goes into priming for theEFI. In the intruim, the PCIII powers down until it receives signal to re-power from the cranking of the starter, which makes it go through the self check again.

A couple of my friends have the PCIII and have not noticed any delay. However, none of them use the run/kill switch only the ignition ****. Maybe the issue is solved by flipping the run/kill to run then turning the ignition ****. This way both the PCIII and the fuel pump gets power at the same time.
that could be. I always use my key to turn on/off my bike. I dont use the kill switch at all. I have never had a prob w/my PCIII (knock on wood!)