Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Hopefully relocating to Murphreesboro Tenn.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007 | 06:50 PM
Greenejeep
|
Advanced
Default Hopefully relocating to Murphreesboro Tenn.

Anybody there? Info on on the area? I believe it's pretty close to Nashville.

Old 01-18-2007 | 07:01 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Hopefully relocating to Murphreesboro Tenn.

Better learn to spell it, then. It's "Murfreesboro". Lots of bikes in Middle TN and plenty to do.

Old 01-20-2007 | 10:25 PM
Thongs2U
Road Captain

We are from Franklin, TNwhich is 20 miles West of Murfreesboro on RT96. You can PM me with any info you need about the area. Like where to live and where not to live.
Cheers

Old 01-21-2007 | 12:39 AM
Greenejeep
|
Advanced

Thanks my friend.

Old 01-21-2007 | 12:36 PM
Thongs2U
Road Captain

A few things to remember about the Boro.... Woolfy's is the burger bar and biker hangout (Coconut Bay isn't bad either).Bikini Beach is a cool biker bar in Nashville. Bumpus has a great dealership on Murfreesboro Road (there are five HD dealers in the Nashville area... Bumpus, Cool Springs, C&S, Boswell, and Columbia). Live in Williamson County (if you can afford it) and commute to Murfreesboro (you well be glad you did). And unless you are Latino, don't move into a Latino community I.E. Antioch or Nolensville Road (LaBuma gets old quick).
Cheers

Old 01-30-2007 | 04:52 AM
EZ Anthony C
Novice

Ed,

Try a City-search.com for Murfreesboro, the information is fairly accurate and up-to-date. I can recommend a realtor if you need one, she works for Snow&Wall Prudential.
I respectfully disagree that you don't want to live in Rutherford county, as I have seen a lot of great communities in and around the 'Boro. It all depends on who you are and what you're looking for. Obviously if you're going to commute to Nashville, then you're going to want to live close to the Lines of Communication (I-24).
There is a lot of construction--Rutherford County is allegedly the 4th fastest growing county (percent of population-wise) in the U.S. Let me know if you'd like that realtor's name/number, or any other info. I can't recommend a hotel, but all the motel chains are here. Good luck with the move.

Old 01-30-2007 | 12:17 PM
dstockton
Road Warrior

I think you'll like the area. I've been away too long to advise you on where to live since I moved out of Nashville 15 years ago. One thing I miss here in Memphisis all the great riding in middle TN. Be sure and check out the Fall Creek Falls state park area and Chattanooga is an easy ride and great weekend destination.