Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

I am Relocating to Palm Desert Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007 | 06:45 PM
HD Jake
|
Road Warrior
Default I am Relocating to Palm Desert Area

Pretty good possibility I will be relocated to the Ranch Mirage/Palm Springs area of the the California Desert.

Any input about Areas to live, Schools, that sort of thing would be great.
I know there is pleanty of great riding as I lived in San Diego for many years and have made many ride throughout Cali

Thanx !

Old 01-18-2007 | 06:59 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Possibly Relocating to Palm Desert Area

Way hot in the summer and cold and windy in the winter. But............ lot's of people live out there so it can't be all bad.

You're right though lots of great riding out here. I'm sure others will provide you with more details.

Good luck,

Primo

P.S. If you haven't already, cut and paste your post to the "Pacific" regional forum. You will probably get more responses there.

Old 01-24-2007 | 02:36 PM
jhnmflr
Outstanding HDF Member

Great memories of growing up out there . I lived in Desert Hot Springs . Sorry I can't help ya about it now but I had to chime in .

Old 01-24-2007 | 07:53 PM
HD Jake
|
Road Warrior

I appreciate the comments, I here DHS has changed some since you lived there, but all in all it seems like a pretty nice area

Old 02-01-2007 | 07:52 PM
ppilotmike
Road Captain

I grew up, lived and worked in Palm Springs from 1965-2000. I would not trade the memories I have of that place for anything. I moved because I flat got tired of having accidents with unlicensed no insurance having illegals. The last wreck was on my beloved 01' E-glide, she turned in front of me when the light turned green and I could not keep from hitting her. The others were in cages, the thing all 3 crashes had in common was the other drivers left the scene of the accident. All of the drivers were eventually caught thats how I know there status. I would not live in California again its just to crowded now for my taste. I would avoid DHS like the plague lots of internal gov problems and the gangs have over run it, to bad I used to spend a lot of time out there in a great little joint named "Thongs". Good luck with your move. Mike

Old 02-02-2007 | 12:45 AM
HD Jake
|
Road Warrior
Default I am Relocating to Palm Desert Area

Thanx for the tip...
Well I just got back from my last trip to Palm Desert areaand it looks like I will be moving in the next month or so.
I will be moving to Rancho Mirage and working there also, big new project.

I did spend some time at the Beer Hunter over on 111 and Washington and talked to a few Harley Brothers while I was there... I am looking forward to the move at this point

Old 02-02-2007 | 12:57 AM
mean green
Road Captain
Default RE: I am Relocating to Palm Desert Area

Palm Desert/ Rancho Mirage is a really nice and pricey place to be. I just moved out of Palm Springs I had lived there for the last five years. I do miss the riding out there, definitely year round. Winters are the best time of year out there, for the most part great weather. The wind can get going pretty good especially in Palm Springs out near the windmills. If you go to a Harley dealer check out the one in Yucca Valley, much better than the ones in Palm Springs and Palm Desert, and take a ride out to Pioneertown, . Plenty of good rides out there, miss the winter riding.

Old 02-02-2007 | 12:43 PM
HD Jake
|
Road Warrior

When I was out this week, instead of renting a car I went to eagle rider and rented a bagger, company picks up $65 a day for rentals so I just paid the difference, but it was a great time and the weather was good. Windya t night that is for sure.
I have spent time out there over the past couple of years in the summer so I kinda know what I am in for, but still we are excited

Old 03-04-2007 | 01:14 PM
HD Jake
|
Road Warrior

I woke up this morning in Texas and it was 29 degrees and then I remembered, 2 weeks from today, we will be in the Desert !
I cant wait to get out there and get some great riding in !