Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Michigan riders

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007 | 11:53 PM
08roady
Tourer
Default RE: Michigan riders

Mike, we ride down there to the dealer every once in a while, I will let you know when we come down that way next time if you are going to be around. That dealer is pretty nice down there, there has been alot of the people from our M/C that have bought there bikes down there. But anyway, we can meet somewhere sometime if we don't get down your way.

Old 04-16-2007 | 12:15 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Talking about the HD dealer here in Battle Creek? It changed hands last year. While it has improved its still lacking. In '07 I went there (Mahrle owned it then) looking for a bike. Couldn't get a salesman to wait on me. After walking around for about an hour listening to the one salesman telling jokes, I asked one of the clothing girls if Perrys HD in Kazoo was still opened because I was going to buy a bike. She said yes and gave me their phone number. I went to Perrys and 2 days later had a bike off their showroom floor. Wife and I were in last Oct at the BC store looking for a bike for her. Talked to the manager and the owner, and they tried fitting a sporty for the wife who is quite short. They didn't have one at the time but said they would call us about mid Nov when they were getting one in. Never heard a word from them, and its not because they are busy. Most of the time you could fire a cannon through the showroom and never hit one person. The place is dead. Another time I called and order a part. I asked how much and they told me. I came in about a week later to get the part but surprise, they said it was more money. Not because HD upped their price. They told me that whoever I talked to at the parts counter was wrong. They told me I should have written the guys name down. I mean it was only $3 or $4 more, so it wasn't that big a deal, but it was the principal. They as much as called me a liar by saying, 'we always get the persons name when we do any calling'. By then the owner strolled over and asked if there was a problem. The clerk told him what was up and that they were trying to help me. I turned to the owner and asked if he remembered me from last Oct., and reminded him. 'Oh, I am so sorry I must have forgotten' was his response and told the clerk to give me a special discount and walked away. I told all of them to stick it and paid the higher price and told the owner, while looking around at the empty dealership, "well, you have lost a sale on a new sportster, and I'll never buy another part from you again. Oh by the way I was about to order around $500 worth of parts (and showed him my list) but guess you don't need my business.", and walked out. Have not heard from the place again, and this occurred in Feb. I would recommend Perrys in Kazoo. They act like the want and appreciate your business.

Old 04-16-2007 | 01:35 PM
08roady
Tourer

That is very interesting, I think everybody has there own little experiences everywhere. You know what I mean? I myself have never dealt with them, so I cannot say either way, I bought my bike here in Lansing at Capitol H-D. Everybody that I talked to said not to buy there, but I and my buddy had an awesome experience buying from them. The only thing I don't like about Capitol, is even though you spend whatever on a bike, they will not give you a discount at all on parts, I would if I was the owner at least give a 10% discount. At least that is something, better than nothing at all. I buy all my parts from Chicago H-D online, they give you 20% off and the shipping is dirt cheap.

Old 04-16-2007 | 03:43 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

You're right. Its no big loss for me, just a bit longer of a drive, but the people at Perrys are worth the trip.

Old 04-17-2007 | 08:17 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Man, got out again today. Whatta rush.....

Old 04-17-2007 | 10:49 PM
PanRider
4th Gear

Meet n Greet sounds great 6/23 hope I can make it
From St Joe/Benton Harbor Area

[IMG]local://upfiles/28138/7873701A8555434C957A979B62710785.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-18-2007 | 05:36 PM
08roady
Tourer

Just want to let all these MI people know about the Blessing of the Bikes in Ovid, MI on Sunday May 6th. I will find out the time for sure and let everybody know. Let me know who will be trying to make this and maybe we can meet up there.

Old 04-18-2007 | 06:22 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Whereabouts is Ovid, Bob? I'd like to go depending on whats going on that weekend.

Old 04-18-2007 | 08:28 PM
08roady
Tourer

Mike,
If you know where St. Johns is, just take M-21 east and you will run into Ovid about 8 -9 miles or so. Don't really know alot about what is going on for sure, but if you check out in the great lakes section there is a post about it also! Ifyou or anybody else wants to go to this, let me know and we can all meet at some point like maybe the Flying J truck Stop just off 96 in considered Grand Ledge, then we can all go from there.

Old 04-19-2007 | 11:30 AM
QT Hush
Road Warrior

Blessing of the bikes at Motor City Harley- Davidson this Saturday. Also at St. Mary Church on Michigan Ave in Wayne.

Quick Reply: Michigan riders