Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

HD Forums Get Together (Biketoberfest 2009).

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 04:12 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Come on lets nail something down so everyone is on the same page. All I did was look on line for Finns...I am not from there so I am not familiar with what would be a good place. But someone please take the bull by the horns!

Old 10-09-2009, 04:14 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

^^^^that would be a good thing... leaving at O darkhundred in the morning so it would be a good thing to know before I rack out tonite!!!

Old 10-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts
Default Vote?

Ok, crunch tiime. I believe it boils down to 2 choices. Do we want a restaurant or private park/lot 'type' place? A restaurant has places to sit and have soft drinks but may be 'real' crowded, no matter where we go. A park/lot 'type' place will be more remote and less crowded but will require a cut off time seeing how I don't want to sit waiting in the sun for hours for late arrivals or no shows. As of only yesterday, I had arranged a private residence in Ormond Beach for us to meet but it fell through. It would have made it much easier. Well, what's the verdict?

Old 10-09-2009, 10:25 PM
DeckerDude
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinkin' the restaurant.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Dispatch
Road Warrior
Default Swell.

How about the WingHouse right off Interstate 95 (Exit 261) and U.S. route 92(2721 W. International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach)? Say 1 or 2 pm on the 15th, 16th or 17th?

-OR-

There is a brand new:
*Starbucks Coffee House*
SR 40 & I-95 (Exit 268)
1425 W. Granada Blvd
Ormond Beach, Florida 32174
386-676-0679
There is a Wal-Mart next door and a Boston Market in the same outdoor shopping center.
Well.... How do one of these sound?

Last edited by Dispatch; 10-10-2009 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Additions.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dispatch
How about the WingHouse right off Interstate 95 (Exit 261) and U.S. route 92(2721 W. International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach)? Say 1 or 2 pm on the 15th, 16th or 17th?

-OR-

There is a brand new:
*Starbucks Coffee House*
SR 40 & I-95 (Exit 268)
1425 W. Granada Blvd
Ormond Beach, Florida 32174
386-676-0679
There is a Wal-Mart next door and a Boston Market in the same outdoor shopping center.
Well.... How do one of these sound?
Looks like you're headin' the thing up, so you probably get to pick the place & time........lucky you...... Just announce where you'll be & what time. Them that get the message will be there, them that don't......won't.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:29 AM
SeanEMac
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there's a thread about meeting up in the touring forum as well. looks like the plan is to you use the coastal moto booth as a meeting and information spot.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Jinks
Looks like you're headin' the thing up, so you probably get to pick the place & time........lucky you...... Just announce where you'll be & what time. Them that get the message will be there, them that don't......won't.
No, no.... not at all. I "propose" these 2 places but it's always been open for suggestion. I live here and have familiarity with certain spots. Although, you know most of all the restaraunts are going to be packed, especially at or around the lunch hours. The Starbucks is right off of 95 and is in a nice little outdoor mall with loads of parking. It's located 1 exit south from ground zero on 95. You can also take the long way around and follow Granada down to route 1 to Destination Daytona. I also considered a third option. There is a brand new dog track:

Daytona Beach Kennel Club and Poker Room
960 S. Willamson Blvd.
Daytona Beach, Florida 32114
Tel: (386) 252 - 6484
Hours of Operation: 12:00pm(noon)-12:00am(midnight).

Daytona Beach Kennel Club is conveniently at: (960 Willamson Blvd.)

From beachside:
1. Take International speedway to Williamson blvd. Take a left and were the third traffic light on the right.

If anyone has better places to meet, by all means please say so.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior
Default Come Together.

Originally Posted by SeanEMac
there's a thread about meeting up in the touring forum as well. looks like the plan is to you use the coastal moto booth as a meeting and information spot.
Got it! I posted a reply over there for those that are unaware of this meeting. I figured 'one big meeting' would be fantastic. We'll see.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dispatch
No, no.... not at all. I "propose" these 2 places but it's always been open for suggestion. I live here and have familiarity with certain spots.

<snip>

If anyone has better places to meet, by all means please say so.
Sorry Dispatch, guess I wasn't very clear. I was just sayin' that since you started the thread, & live here too, you will probably have to make the decision on time & place. The folks from out of town won't have much of an opinion since they aren't familiar with the places we mention, & you'll never get a consensus on the internet.

Like I said in a previous post I like Smiley's. It's not fancy, but you can get a beer/cold drink, or a burger. The lot is dirt, but big enough & close to most of the action without being impossible to get in & out of.

Quick Reply: HD Forums Get Together (Biketoberfest 2009).