Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

HD Forums Get Together (Biketoberfest 2009).

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 10:08 AM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

We'll be there Thurs. Through Sun. Would be nice meeting some new folks.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:59 AM
gmurdock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live just East of Orlando so any time or place is less thatn an hour away. Will try to watch this thread. It would be great to put faces to screen names.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Our07Ultra
There is a restaurant just down (east)from the Iron Horse that is if I recall just east of the US1/I95 Exit on US1.(near Destination Daytona). Exit 273
Let me try and look it up. There is a large porch on the front, easily visible from US 1 and centrally located. I will try to get the name and address if you folks think this might be a good spot. COLD BEER!!
Let me know
Are you refering to "The Daytona Pig Stand" restaraunt?

Old 10-08-2009, 05:20 PM
CrashX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, the pig stand is smack in destination daytona. How close in to daytona/ormond beach are you looking for? Most places are going to be crowded.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dispatch
Are you refering to "The Daytona Pig Stand" restaraunt?
Could be, It is on the right hand side of the road heading north on US1.
I am still trying to find out. If I can figure it out, I will ride down Saturday morning and get an exact address.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior
Default Sounds like it.

Originally Posted by Our07Ultra
Could be, It is on the right hand side of the road heading north on US1.
I am still trying to find out. If I can figure it out, I will ride down Saturday morning and get an exact address.
From your description, it sounds like it's the place you are refering to. As CrashX states, that is ground zero for the event. I was thinking somewhere more like north A1A or away from the busy areas. I've never had to do this from a non-private residence, so selecting the right place is going to be difficult. By all means though, keep'em coming!

Old 10-09-2009, 06:03 AM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I looked on line ...how about a place called
Finnegan's Beachside Pub
101 N Us Hwy A1a , Flagler Beach, FL
Phone - (386) 439-7755

It is away from Daytona and not that far.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:24 AM
rickoshay45
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wifey and I will be coming over. I'm sure whether it will be Sat or Sun. We could meetup anyplace since we are only 30 min away.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

I am not getting a whole lot of 'definite' answers from alot who have PM'd me. I need times and dates people will be in Daytona in order to pin this down. Otherwise, I will have to cancel the get together. There is little left. If anyone who stated they want to be here has changed there mind or found other plans, that is ok. Just please let me know A.S.A.P so I can start crossing people off the list. I'm thinking the public park right on A1A in Ormond By The Sea will do for the meeting place. Where ever it may be, I will set up there and stay until all have arrived. I will be PM'ing those who have said they will be here. If there are any other places to suggest, please reply.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dispatch
I am not getting a whole lot of 'definite' answers from alot who have PM'd me. I need times and dates people will be in Daytona in order to pin this down. Otherwise, I will have to cancel the get together. There is little left. If anyone who stated they want to be here has changed there mind or found other plans, that is ok. Just please let me know A.S.A.P so I can start crossing people off the list. I'm thinking the public park right on A1A in Ormond By The Sea will do for the meeting place. Where ever it may be, I will set up there and stay until all have arrived. I will be PM'ing those who have said they will be here. If there are any other places to suggest, please reply.
The place 07Ultra is referring to is Saddle Jack's Bar & Grill, & you're right it's close to ground zero. It's on the southeast corner of U.S.-1 & I-95.

Finnegans is now known just as Fins. It's at the northwest corner of SR-100 & A1A. It's also crowded. A great place with a great view from the rooftop bar, but *real* popular.

A quieter place my group uses for our Saturday meet is Smiley's Bar & Grill. It's about a half mile north of Iron Horse on the east side of U.S.-1.

The park you're lookin' at has no facilities. Plenty of parkin', but nothin' but a few benches & a view of the ocean across the road. There are a few other places, but most are either small, or real popular, or both.

Quick Reply: HD Forums Get Together (Biketoberfest 2009).