Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Fayetteville BBBBQ

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Bonesbike1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx George! That's what we were looking for. Are there any particular roads that you can recommend for scenery and fun riding? Anyone else have any suggestions for all of us going?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:12 AM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Hess
I'll be there. I'll be wearing blue jeans, a black T shirt with a motorcycle theme, dark glasses, engineer boots and I ride a black Harley with chrome. Look for me.
Dr. Hess,

You must really get around. It seems like I see you at every rally I go to.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:19 AM
KSGG
Cruiser

If you're coming in from the Oklahoma side, leaving Siloam Springs, take 59 to Van Buren. This is one hilly, twisty, tree lined roller coaster like stretch of smooth 2-lane.
Google maps shows it as 60 mi. to VanBuren, but you won't make it in an hour.
Siloam to Fayetteville via 16 shows only 28 mi and just as twisty, but never been this way.

I'm sure there will be plenty of folks making the runs around the lakes, and over to Eureka Springs, so traffic will probably be heavy. Hoping these other runs will be less congested.

Last edited by KSGG; 08-30-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:25 AM
JnT4Life
Tourer

There is a list of different ride maps listed on the website. We've made it to this rally every year since '05 and always have a blast. LOTS of great riding in Arkansas!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:51 PM
MEGALifted
Tourer

Originally Posted by emwolb
last year it was so crowded that the sidewalk was tuff to get through. it's a great event, but it would be much better if they had an actual event site rather than a two lane street, four blocks long to have it in. like a big park or something. hope they change over to a larger site soon.
The event is actually divided up into three areas. Dickson Street is the two lane street by the college with all the bars and crowds. Then there's the Tyson Track Center which is on the other side of the U of A campus. This has most of the vendors and demo rides. Lastly there's the mall which is across town and usually has the concerts and cook offs over there.

I've been to both Sturgis and Daytona and they are just as crowded. I prefer this one because it's ten minutes from my house.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:04 PM
MEGALifted
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bonesbike1
Thanx George! That's what we were looking for. Are there any particular roads that you can recommend for scenery and fun riding? Anyone else have any suggestions for all of us going?
I've ridden all the roads around here and one of my favorite rides is out to Eureka Springs and back. I take Hwy 12 East out of Rogers. This takes you out by the lake and then gets real curvey. It meets up with Hwy 23 where you turn left (North) and take it into Eureka. In Eureka, you'll turn left (West) onto Hwy 62 and follow it back into Rogers. The ride is just under 100 miles total. There are variations like taking Hwy 16 East out of Fayetteville and then turning North on Hwy 23.

Arkansas has a lot of gravel/dirt roads that meet up with the highways. Most of these happen to be in the curves and a lot of the time can be blind. I always encourage those not familiar with the area to keep this in mind as the gravel is not always easy to see on the chip-and-seal they like to put down as pavement.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:47 PM
skyguy59
6th Gear

My wife and I and a few friends will be leaving Waco on Thursday the 24th. We are staying at Siloam Springs. This will be our first time at this one. Anybody else from central Texas going?

Old 08-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,895 Likes on 1,423 Posts

Originally Posted by NavyPT
Dr. Hess,

You must really get around. It seems like I see you at every rally I go to.
Yeah, been to a few. Maybe you've seen me?

Old 08-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,895 Likes on 1,423 Posts

One of my favorite rides is to head east on State Highway 16 out of Fayetteville (incidentally, where the Tyson track center is), turn north on Highway 23 to Huntsville, then west on Highway 412 to Springdale, then back south on 540 to Fayetteville. It's a nice 100 mile loop through some really beautiful scenery.

I avoid Eureka Springs whenever possible. Oh, it's a nice ride out there and back and there's a nice Mexican restaurant there, but I never know if the thugs with guns in Eureka are anti-bike or bike tollerant this week and I'd just as soon blow it off. My friend used to live there and he said there were two factions running Eureka. One that made money off the bikes and one that did not. Whoever had the city council directed the thugs with guns to either leave the bikes alone or harrass them.

Some time ago, someone mentioned a restaurant/stop in the middle of nowhere (which describes most of Arkansas) somewhere southeast of Eureka. Anyone know the place? Like a biker-friendly place out there where people stop for a beer, etc. I should have printed out the directions. It wasn't near Rockhouse, was it?

Old 08-30-2009, 03:22 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dr.Hess
One of my favorite rides is to head east on State Highway 16 out of Fayetteville (incidentally, where the Tyson track center is), turn north on Highway 23 to Huntsville, then west on Highway 412 to Springdale, then back south on 540 to Fayetteville. It's a nice 100 mile loop through some really beautiful scenery.

I avoid Eureka Springs whenever possible. Oh, it's a nice ride out there and back and there's a nice Mexican restaurant there, but I never know if the thugs with guns in Eureka are anti-bike or bike tollerant this week and I'd just as soon blow it off. My friend used to live there and he said there were two factions running Eureka. One that made money off the bikes and one that did not. Whoever had the city council directed the thugs with guns to either leave the bikes alone or harrass them.

Some time ago, someone mentioned a restaurant/stop in the middle of nowhere (which describes most of Arkansas) somewhere southeast of Eureka. Anyone know the place? Like a biker-friendly place out there where people stop for a beer, etc. I should have printed out the directions. It wasn't near Rockhouse, was it?
I'm staying in Eureka springs. Hope they are friendly that week. I don't know why anyone wouldn't like an innocent group of 200,000 bikers running through town. That's just silly.

Quick Reply: Fayetteville BBBBQ