Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Fayetteville BBBBQ

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009 | 04:53 PM
cbears
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by matrix5
But Eureka is just a few miles from Berryville, which I believe is what he was talking about...
Yep. We'll be at the rally most of the first day probably but wanted to be a ways away for taking rides after that.

Old 07-21-2009 | 05:20 PM
RBWIDE
Road Master

Some really nice riding out there, too. Kinda reminded me of riding in Nebraska. The SO and I were out there last year. The weather was perfect, the rides were great. We spent about 4 hours total at the rally, 'cause if you've been to one, well, you know. The same vendors are at this one, too! The riding, once you're there, is the thing to be doing, IMO.

Old 07-21-2009 | 05:36 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member

I am gonna look into going this year. I have always wanted to get there, sounds like a great time.

Old 07-24-2009 | 12:26 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

last year it was so crowded that the sidewalk was tuff to get through. it's a great event, but it would be much better if they had an actual event site rather than a two lane street, four blocks long to have it in. like a big park or something. hope they change over to a larger site soon.

Old 07-24-2009 | 12:51 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

if you guys didn't know it, there is a great rally in eastern oklahoma about an hour west of ft smith, or half hour south of muskogee. it's called the mid summer thunder rally, and it's a great event. nice venue, right on oklahomas biggest lake. it's between checotah and eufaula oklahoma on hiway 69. you'll see a texanna rd exit, take it and go three miles east, heck, just follow a bike, lots of traffic going to the event. it started thursday nite and will continue through sunday. it's i think 25 bux for the entire weekend. adult event, lots of beer, *****, and great rock and roll. being next to the lake with plenty of shade to park under makes it nice. if it's hot you can go jump in the lake to cool off too. the neatest event i've ever seen. it's in part of the state park, but is leased, so no hassles from the cops. just wanted to let you guys know about it. it's a blast. ask at any convenience store on texanna rd, they'll know how to point you toward the event. also, no dirt roads to get there either, all paved.

Old 07-24-2009 | 12:49 PM
cbears
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by emwolb
if you guys didn't know it, there is a great rally in eastern oklahoma about an hour west of ft smith, or half hour south of muskogee. it's called the mid summer thunder rally, and it's a great event. nice venue, right on oklahomas biggest lake. it's between checotah and eufaula oklahoma on hiway 69. you'll see a texanna rd exit, take it and go three miles east, heck, just follow a bike, lots of traffic going to the event. it started thursday nite and will continue through sunday. it's i think 25 bux for the entire weekend. adult event, lots of beer, *****, and great rock and roll. being next to the lake with plenty of shade to park under makes it nice. if it's hot you can go jump in the lake to cool off too. the neatest event i've ever seen. it's in part of the state park, but is leased, so no hassles from the cops. just wanted to let you guys know about it. it's a blast. ask at any convenience store on texanna rd, they'll know how to point you toward the event. also, no dirt roads to get there either, all paved.
Good to know, thanks.

Old 07-24-2009 | 06:10 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Talking

Originally Posted by Dr.Hess
I'll be there. I'll be wearing blue jeans, a black T shirt with a motorcycle theme, dark glasses, engineer boots and I ride a black Harley with chrome. Look for me.
Now that is just plain funny!

Old 08-30-2009 | 08:45 AM
KSGG
Cruiser

Heading down from Wichita with about 8 others from work. Won't head out til Thur morning though. Lucked out and got a room in Rogers, which is just up the Interstate about 20 mins.
Go out there for work plenty (on 4 wheels though). Can't wait to ride some of those twisty backroads.

Old 08-30-2009 | 09:55 AM
Bonesbike1
Cruiser

My wife and I are going for the first time. I keep hearing about the good riding, can you give some me some of the rode numbers or names that are "must rides"? Is there a schedule of events on line that tells us what is going on and where? Thanks in advance!

Old 08-30-2009 | 10:05 AM
george liles
Road Captain

Quick Reply: Fayetteville BBBBQ