Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Billy Joel meets up with Inforit and Phat03 - PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 10:20 PM
intruder400ex
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Billy Joel meets up with Inforit and Phat03 - PICS!!!

Dont worry Arnold will take care off the jacket if you dont want to wear it LOL!!! Havin those bags are great and hopefully I will meet up with you fellas soon.

P.S. on the way home almost got takin out by a sea gull on 112 just missed the ******!

steve

Old 05-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Inforit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It was a good ride guys, poor Karl was freezing his butt off with no Jacket. I felt your pain man. One of the worst feeling when you ride with the chill in your bones. Bring a jacket with you next time will ya!

Steve, glad you made it out of that one. So many things to watch out for when you riding, cars, people, bugs and even birds.

Until next time.

Later.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:07 PM
cmbucky
Cruiser

Thanks for the story and the pics. Why was Billy looking for the bar, I thought he was on the wagon. He has had bad luck with that in the past.
He must be a real harda$$ - no gloves. He should protect them hands some - they are his bread and butter.

I saw his March show in Philly. You could say I'm a fan.

Did you guys tell him about HDF?

Old 05-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Inforit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I got home, I thought about why was he looking for a bar. I think he probably wanted to start up a conversation about his bike.

And I think he has so much bread and butter that he does not really care anymore. Just by selling out 10 nights in the row at the Garden in NYC a month ago or so made him very comfortable for another 20 years.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:55 AM
kjriv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arnold - yea -you're prob right. You shoulda pounded a few w/ the piano man - mighta got a tune outta him! And I WILL bring a jacket next time - keep one of those side bags open for me man!!!.....either that or we'll ALL go in on a trunk for ya...LOL

Steve - TOO close a call - next time throw them some alka seltzer and when he blows up n hits the ground, run the bastard over!!....TWICE!...LOL

Be well n Ride safe fellas.....Karl

Old 05-09-2006, 01:07 AM
kwgrimes
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awsome. The ride, the story and the pixs. We made it down to Cook's corner this weekend for the "Blessing of the Bikes". Glad that Holy Water was not only blessed, but mineral free (I had just waxed the Black Beauty)

Old 05-09-2006, 05:56 AM
mario
Intermediate

Cool Pictures

Old 05-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

Man that is cool - Thanks for sharing! -I often wondered why OCC makes up those deadlines - I can see if there really is one but to me it seems like they slack around until it's too late - It will be intersting to see how Billy's bike holds up with regular riding - Hopefully you guys will get another sighting!

Old 05-09-2006, 04:26 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stucarius

One of our local shops does service on OCC bikes occationally and told me there are lots of problems having to do with general workmanship and what seems like rushed building even on their regular bikes. I hope they work these problems out I really like those guys. A real success story but you have to maintain quality.
We have a custom painter in Chattanooga, Kenny Reynolds, he was doing a repaint job on one of the OCC bikes, the gas tank bracket welds had broken and the tank slid down and ka-powed the owners privates, the paint was coming off, several welds were broken, Kenny showed me the rear fender, it was made up of about 5 or 6 sections, the welds looked terrible, the overall craftsmanship was not very good. This was on one of the early bikes, so it looks like they still need improvement in the quality dept.

You can't build one of those bikes in the time they say they do, 7-14 days to do all of it pffffffffffft, not from start to finish from conception, to all the vendors work, mock up, tear down, and final assembly. No way!

I think it's really cool that ya'll got to meet Billy Joel and see the man's ride in person.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the story and pics
I'd would have loved to seen Billy's bike in person.
I have often wondered about the quality, with the rush job and screaming/yelling that always seems to happen with every build. Don't think
I've ever seen a bike built that something wasn't beaten together with a hammer...........

But you got to give Sr credit, looks to be a success to me

Quick Reply: Billy Joel meets up with Inforit and Phat03 - PICS!!!