Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

GA Ride on 6/14 to the Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle, GA

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 08:30 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Drop in any time Mike. Have a great weekend! And that grandboy of yours in the cowboy duds is just too cute! I can tell you're proud.

Last edited by GeorgiaGirl; 03-11-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
BikerChick98
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mike!!! ARG - that's a giant fish! (and just for the record, I HATE seafood!) haha

Your grandbaby is just about as cute as he can be!!!!! Hope you are well and getting some good riding in!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Blue Willow Inn buffet on Sunday is $16.95 a person!!! OUCH!!! They also recommend reservations. ???

Since I've been watching what I eat since being diagnosed with diabetes 2 last year, I can't eat as much and be comfortable. And wife doesn't eat enough these days for regular Applebee's menu.

We'll probably still go, though, because wife has wanted to try it. Doubt brother & his wife will want to make it. My middle sister says food is not that impressive. She's the one I believe when she says that. Our oldest sister tells me how great some place is, 75% of the time it sucks.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:53 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

I think Bluzman has been and said it was pretty good but $16.95 a person is a bit steep. It's whatever the general concensus is. Open to other suggestions.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:10 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Just talked to my mother, as I knew she and dad have been a couple of times and she said the last time they went, they were disappointed and it wasn't worth the $$$. So, where do y'all want to go instead?

Old 03-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I recall, as you're going East on 278 when you get into Madison or Greensboro, there are some restaurants that are right on the town square. BUT they would probably be just as pricey as the Blue Willow since they are local restaurants/bistros.

We'll see about going next weekend and seeing what they are like. Can't do a trip this weekend as working on Saturday and seeing grandkids on Sunday.

Looking online, between Madison, Greensboro, & Union Point, there are 10 - 15 different restaurants(besides the fast food joints) with 4 1/2 - 5 stars. The Hong Kong Chinese place gets 1 star. Ooopppss!!! But some aren't rated.

Union Point has a BBQ place - Jackson's. 3 comments on it say it's great. I've gone on word on TV about BBQ places before and sorely disappointed - i.e. Sprayberry's in Newnan.

I'll do some more digging and maybe call a few places. Some are not open on Sunday.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:31 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Madison is supposed to be beautiful. I've been over to Rutledge and Hard Labor Creek a few times. I'll do some checking around too and see what I can come up with. Thanks Unome.

As and aside, I still love Sprayberry's Brunswick Stew. That's the kind of stew I was raised on (very thoroughly ground) and is how we make it at home. Not the chunky stuff you like. I'm with you on the BBQ itself. Looking forward to going back to Fresh Air and trying it again. Haven't been there in like 20 years.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:54 PM
BikerChick98
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as I can get me a grilled chicken salad, I'm good!

Old 03-14-2009, 05:07 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Got this from a friend of mine who lives in Madison:

"Hey there Karen,
O'Harrah's is excellent, but can't remember if it's open on Sundays. I think it
is... If not, Chop house comes in second, decent food, not terribly expensive.
Ice House is my fave but not open on Sunday. If you go to Chop House you HAVE TO try the bourbon pecan pie. It's the bomb!

OHarrah's is right on the main drag, and one of the biker hang-outs when they
come thru town. We've often parked our bike there ourselves.

Let me know when you're headed this way-

Nichole"http://www.oharasrestaurant.com/

O'Harrah's looks good: http://www.oharasrestaurant.com/ I'll call and see if they're open on Sundays.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BikerChick98
obviously you missed my humor.
Sorry, don't take it personal - it wasn't even aimed at what you said, it was a response to what GG said. It was aimed at Gold Wing riders.

I am a smarta$$ with a dry sense of humor and it doesn't always translate to the written word.

Last edited by Bluzmn59; 03-15-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: GA Ride on 6/14 to the Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle, GA