Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Thunder by the Bay.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009 | 07:10 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
ok for some reason i thought this was this weekend and i never posted about going. let me get with the wife and i dont see any reason not to run down there for the day. blue, lady and screamin, lets do a meet on the way down there and meet for breakfast.

Sounds good, BDM! Glad you guys made it home safe from your road trip~ Sorry for the confusion, I thought this was last weekend as well~ I'm just waitin to see what Ego's schedule deals him on Saturday night.. as far as a meet time~ You lookin to make breakfast with the Crew... or just do our own thing before headin down? I know Ego just wants to make the poker run~ That boy loves his poker runs...

Old 01-05-2009 | 07:11 AM
sailnjay
Road Captain

Please keep us posted on where everyone is meeting and when. Susan and I are planning on coming not sure yet whether we willl come over Saturday evening or Sunday morning (I'm trying to convince her to go Saturday night). We'll be coming from the I-4 & US 27 area and would like to meet up with someone along the way and ride down together.

Old 01-05-2009 | 08:24 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlueDragon
Sounds good, BDM! Glad you guys made it home safe from your road trip~ Sorry for the confusion, I thought this was last weekend as well~ I'm just waitin to see what Ego's schedule deals him on Saturday night.. as far as a meet time~ You lookin to make breakfast with the Crew... or just do our own thing before headin down? I know Ego just wants to make the poker run~ That boy loves his poker runs...
thanks we had a great weekend in st. augustine. then had to get the kids
love my boys but they are teenagers. looking forward to retirement

would like to meet up with breakfast. when and were is is?
i guess i could look back a few post.

Old 01-05-2009 | 08:53 AM
Screamin' Ego
Cruiser

i guess i could look back a few post.[/quote]

I was hopin' you guys would make it BDM. Last I checked it looks like breakfast Sunday morning at 08:00 at Hob **** in Sarasota. 301 and 17th. We'll have to leave the usual meet-up spot (7-11) by 07:00 to get down there on time.I may just have to call in sick Saturday night. This is turning into a good sized group ride. And like Greg said, I do love a good poker run. Either way, I'll be there Sunday morning.

Old 01-05-2009 | 09:04 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Screamin' Ego
i guess i could look back a few post.
[/quote] I was hopin' you guys would make it BDM. Last I checked it looks like breakfast Sunday morning at 08:00 at Hob **** in Sarasota. 301 and 17th. We'll have to leave the usual meet-up spot (7-11) by 07:00 to get down there on time.I may just have to call in sick Saturday night. This is turning into a good sized group ride. And like Greg said, I do love a good poker run. Either way, I'll be there Sunday morning.[/quote]

find out which route you guys are taking down and we can meet me on the way down. well i could make it up to 7-11 but get with greg and find out which way. taking 41 all the way down?

Last edited by bulldogmoe7; 01-05-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-05-2009 | 11:13 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, I know how much you hate the concrete slab... but it would be quickest to take 275 across the Skyway and cath 41 from there~ That being said... the usual meeting spot (7-11) would actually be back trackin for both you and Ego~ We may have to hook-up somewhere else down the road~ Ego is more inland... off Gunn, near Race Track Rd... so it may be best to meet somewhere near your nieghborhood~ I'll punch the addy for Hob **** in my newly aquired Garmin and see what the best route would be~

Old 01-05-2009 | 11:26 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member

OK... Garmin says to catCh 301 after the Skyway and it's only 1 1/2 hours away... 75 miles~ I guess... to stay off the concrete slab.. we could just take 301 all the way down~

Old 01-05-2009 | 01:53 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

who says i hate the slab?? LOL i don't mind it at all. i just like that back roads better.

Old 01-05-2009 | 06:24 PM
Screamin' Ego
Cruiser

From the 7-11 we can shoot straight down gun and catch 275 S. from Memorial Hwy/Veterans/60 E. Over the skyway to 41 S. The 301 splits off of 41 in Bradenton and down to 17th Ave. Not as bad as it sounds. Ang as far as back-tracking, the 7-11 is fifteen minutes from my doorstep. No big deal for me. I don't know where BDM is located, but if the 275 is closer for you on the other side of the Howard Franklin. we can always arange to meet up over that way somewhere.

Old 01-05-2009 | 06:49 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

we have no problem going up to go south. so we will meet at 7-11 at ?????
greg you are the leader of this bunch.

Quick Reply: Thunder by the Bay.