Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Florida Crew Toys for Tots Run?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Alias
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Florida Crew Toys for Tots Run?

Believe it or not I am still around, I'm riding more and more, I'm riding about 2 hours at a pop now. It wont be long before I'll be able to get back to riding with the "Crew" again.

I am helping the Buckhead Ridge VFW put on a Tots For Tots run Dec 7, 2008. One run is starting at the B&B in Moore Heaven at 12:00 noon, Sunday Dec. 7, 2008 heading down St. Rt, 78 to the BHR VFW, about a 45 minute ride.

Another run will be leaving the North VFW post in Okeechobee at 12:30 pm meeting up with the Hooterville run at about 1:00 at the BHR VFW for food, fun, music and dance.

Wild Hog, Swamp Cabbage and ???

The cost is $5.00 for the food, and the run cost a toy for the kids of Glades County.

All money and toys collected will help buy toys for Glades County kids that without your help will not have much of a Christmas.

If you can make this run, you will brighten the eyes of some young kids this Christmas.

Thanks for reading this and for any and all help you can give.

Alias

Old 11-19-2008, 05:49 AM
flslowryder
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a link with more info, maps, etc??? I love a good toy run...

Old 11-19-2008, 06:59 AM
Alias
Road Master

Sorry, no links other than the Toys For Tots web site.

I'll tell you as much as I can about the run and Glades County. I was ask just a few days ago to help, so I really don't know much about it.

Toys For Tots in Glades County has been going on for about five years. This will be the first time there is going to be a "Toy Run". There will be two runs at the same time.

The first will stage at the B&B Market in Moore Heaven, aka "Hooterville" on Rt. 27 just south of St. Rt. 78. The run will leave at 12:00 noon on Dec. 7, 2008. Heading north on 27 about 3 miles then east on 78 for about 30 miles to the Buckhead Ridge VFW Post.

The second run will be leaving the North VFW Post about 5 miles north of Okeechobee City just off of St Rt 441N at 12:30 pm Dec. 7, 2008 heading south on 441 about 12 miles to St Rt 78. Head west on 78 about 7 miles arriving at the Buckhead Ridge VFW Post at about the same time as the "Hooterville" run, about 1:00 pm.

The cost of the run will be a new in the package toy.

Glades County is one of, if not the poorest county in Florida, unemployment in the past year is the highest in the state. There will be a lot of kids that will not have much of a Christmas this year unless this Toys For Tots run can do better than the Toys For Tots in Glades County has done in the past.

At the BHR VFW Post there will be a "Wild Hog" and "Swamp Cabbage" dinner,for a $5.00 per person.

Families can sign up for TfT on Dec. 7, 2008 at the VFW Post in Buckhead Ridge or at the B&B Market in Moore Heaven on Nov. 22, 2008.

We have toy drop off boxes all around Okeechobee and Glades Counties at the busiest stores.

We hope to make this the best Toys For Tots year in both Okeechobee and Glades Counties.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds great Steve. I'm not sure if I can make it as of now, but will try. Come on HDF, lets help out if we can.

Murph

Old 11-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Alias
Road Master

Thanks Murph. I sure hope you can make it.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:32 PM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior

i don't know if this is the one in wpb or not, but i will be cagin it with the family to that one. i will also be cagin it the following week for the toys in the sun run in ft.lauderdale.
no matter how much duct tape i use, the kid keeps slipping off the seat !!
hope you all have fun
ride safe
Dave

Old 11-19-2008, 01:35 PM
flslowryder
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a registration or anything at the beginning, or just show up & ready to leave on time?? Just did one over here this weekend & had to register between x:xx & x:xx, kickstands up @ x:xx... The one here in Sarasota is the only one I've been on..

Old 11-19-2008, 02:30 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i think the tot run here in west palm from the fair grounds to dreher park is that day too. as long as you make it to one or the other , your good in my book.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Alias
Road Master

This is not the one in WPB, like Wilburz says, if you make it to one your good. Although I would like to see you make the one here in Okeechobee.

No real sign up, kick stands up at 12:30 pm in Okeechobee and 12:00 in Hooterville.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:23 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THROTTLEJUNKIEDAVE
i don't know if this is the one in wpb or not, but i will be cagin it with the family to that one. i will also be cagin it the following week for the toys in the sun run in ft.lauderdale.
no matter how much duct tape i use, the kid keeps slipping off the seat !!
hope you all have fun
ride safe
Dave
If you can find a bag for the bike that'll hold a couple kids you're bound to make a killing on your website.

Quick Reply: Florida Crew Toys for Tots Run?