Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members
View Poll Results: When should the meetup be held?
Last week of April
7.32%
First week of May
43.90%
Either one - I'll go with the flow
48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:25 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just put my time off for may 4th to the 8th (work days) will try to leave on the 1st and come home the 9th and 10th

Old 12-10-2008, 08:51 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I will match those dates, so we can make the ride together~
I passed on that FLH deal we talked about~ The widow was a bit too far out there.. if you know what I mean~ I had heard another, friend of the deceased even, had gone to her door with trailer and cash in hand... she just told him, "I'm going shopping and don't want to deal with it today"~ He had come from two counties away even! Not worth the hassle.. even for the price~ It'll come when it's meant to be...
So anyhow, yeah, I'll put in for that same time frame~ I don't foresee any problems~ Hell, I'm up to three weeks vacation time per year now!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:10 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

It looks like everyone is figuring on the first full week of May. That would be workdays Mon. the 4th - Fri. the 8th. I haven't heard from the Ga folks on exactly when they will be there but I'm guessing it will be towards the end of the week. I'm just assuming here that some of them will only be doing a long weekend and if so it will be the latter part of the week. You can chime in here with your plans Ga Folks.

Since there are lots of roads to ride in different areas, I've been kicking around the idea of suggesting that we stay for the first few days in Maggie Valley and then move over to the Iron Horse, closer to the Dragon, on say Wed.

What do you think of that idea? I'm just trying to make everyone happy with location and improve proximity to a variety of riding on some of the other than "Brand Name" roads up there.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:30 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlueDragon
I will match those dates, so we can make the ride together~
I passed on that FLH deal we talked about~ The widow was a bit too far out there.. if you know what I mean~ I had heard another, friend of the deceased even, had gone to her door with trailer and cash in hand... she just told him, "I'm going shopping and don't want to deal with it today"~ He had come from two counties away even! Not worth the hassle.. even for the price~ It'll come when it's meant to be...
So anyhow, yeah, I'll put in for that same time frame~ I don't foresee any problems~ Hell, I'm up to three weeks vacation time per year now!
i was wondering how the deal went down. that suck about it. there will be another come around. i am hoping to leave on friday may 1st if not saturday morning will do just fine.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:03 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

ya'll have a good time. I will be cleaning the 4-leaf clovers out of my bags at that time.

Murph

Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Aces N Eights

K and I will probably make it up there on Friday and stay through Sunday. Looks like it is shaping up to be a great time!

Old 12-19-2008, 09:03 PM
WillyHD
Road Master

If I can find a place to stay that has highspeed internet (I'll have to do a bit of work Fri or Sat), I may try to come up Wednesday night and leave Sunday morning.

Chris

Old 12-20-2008, 05:59 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

*****, the Microtel just south of the Dragon has free highspeed and its pretty cheap.

Originally Posted by WillyHD
If I can find a place to stay that has highspeed internet (I'll have to do a bit of work Fri or Sat), I may try to come up Wednesday night and leave Sunday morning.

Chris

Old 12-20-2008, 10:31 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

Hey A 'n E and *****, would like to ride up with you 2 and anyone else heading up taking 75N, provided I can get the 1st week of May off for vacation.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Aces N Eights

Come on Brian. Bring David along too.

Quick Reply: Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL