Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members
View Poll Results: When should the meetup be held?
Last week of April
7.32%
First week of May
43.90%
Either one - I'll go with the flow
48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:40 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just thought i would drop in on this section also.
bluedragon, ladyhawk, passion and myself made it Forsyth,GA for the night. dont really know what time will be heading outa here in the morn, but from here murphy,nc is only less than 4 hrs away

Old 05-02-2009, 09:18 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry guys and gals, but with the forecast by the National Weather Service of this morning, Todd and I are bailing and heading South out of the rain. It's our 17th annivesary and riding mostly in the rain is just not what we're after this vacation. I know you all will still have a good time, just ride safe and we'll hopefully catch up with you again in the fall.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

2 Beers, Poorboy and Redman are headed north to Macon right now. I'm trying to contact them via txt and email. they are going to run into a wall of water before Atlanta. May get 2 Beers to hang out here tonight with Poorboy and Redman. Hooking up the trailer now, may have to go get them.

I'm up in the air about going to Maggie Valley with all this mess. Will make up my mind later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:54 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Been watching the RADAR all morning. Hopefully they will get off in Macon and take 129 and then 441 up through Athens. They will stand a much better chance of staying out of the mess until they are well N. of Atlanta.

Have only had a light shower here in Franklin NC so far this morning, but its going to come down hard this afternoon.

I'm not going to let some rain ruin the week. I'll be headed to Maggie Sun. morning.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Just talked to Poorboy... Redman is headed back home, says he will save his vacation.

Looks like we are going to bail as well.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:21 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

Posting here, too.

Egads. Sounds like more are going to Savanah, than Maggie Valley. What the...

Well, we're in North GA as planned, and still planning on Maggie Valley tomorrow, or maybe Monday ... depending on our guests we invited.

No T-Mobile here in Sautee Nacoochee (near Helen), this will have to do for letting everyone know we're in safe and sound. Only 30mins of rain today. Sofadog went on to NC where he has a cabin, and Maggie tomorrow or Monday.

Ride safe. Will miss meeting a lot of people now. Sorry to hear so many are bailing.

2Beers and Linda

Old 05-02-2009, 06:03 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

Puttin' the word out...

We called the Abbey Inn and moved everything back a day. So, now arriving on Monday around noonish, and checking out Friday. Should still have a day or two with those there, and a few days with isolated showers ... so will still slay dragons and whatnot. FYI ...

2Beers and Linda - and Ken and Carol

Old 05-02-2009, 07:31 PM
cHarley
Club Member

Other than wimpy Redman , the only other bailouts I know of are GA folks. We still should have a good group and of course a blast as always. I just hope we don't have more people bailing because they are under the impression that the FL Crew event is moving to Savannah. That just ain't so. We are here to ride the twisties, us Florida folk can go the the beach anytime.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:16 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Rain rain,who gives a crap about a little water, what are you guys Felines or sumthin? Rode through a cold drizzle all morning. In the afternoon, once I got through Skyline, all went well, the sun almost came out, warmed a little, think being wet made it feel colder than it was, or living in Fla the past 10 years has made my blood thin. The Skyline ride was slow, nice but slow, 35 MPH limit. The fog made it treacherous for the first 60 or so miles, not really fog but more like riding in the clouds. The BRP is an awsome road, I love it, love it, love it, thats all I can say. Seen a few deer I would have shot in the right season, seen one on Skyline that had the mange and ribs showing, would have shot it for humane reasons if I had my gun. I am in Christianburg tonight will finish the NC portion of the BRP tomorrow, rain or no rain (Felines, hehe I like that), hope to be at Abbey Inn in the afternoon. Looks like I will be lonely, thats okay guys I will post everyday and tell you about my twisty skills, BTW I finally wore the new tire nipples off the sides of the Ultra tires, the tires actually are looking a little more rounded.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:47 PM
cHarley
Club Member

It's looking like the Maggie group might be getting a weather break. Much of the major weather front moving in from the west has dropped to the south.

If the trend holds, it's looking like Savannah may see more rain the next couple of days than Maggie will.

Quick Reply: Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL