Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members
View Poll Results: When should the meetup be held?
Last week of April
7.32%
First week of May
43.90%
Either one - I'll go with the flow
48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 08:03 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
Ya'll should not have to worry about rain because I am not going,
Damn! They really do have a smiley for everything now. Too funny! Dave, you and Carolyn will indeed be missed.

BDM, just shush your mouth about any threat of rain:

Old 04-26-2009, 08:07 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Rain, whats that, it does not rain on me, just everything else. Hell as long as its not snowing too hard I dont care, I am going to ride. Getting Cranked, can ya tell? My schedule below

Thurday - Ride to Sanford get on train

Friday - Get off train, lunch at 5 Guys Hamburgers with some buds at Corp HQ in Fairfax, they wil be in Suits I will be in biker clothes hehe. Will let them buy.

Friday - Ride Skyline drive into Blue Ridge Pkway,

Saturday - Finish Blue Ridge then hit Maggie Valley after a run through the Dragon

Sunday - hope to see some of you all arriving.

Mon - Wed Ride the area with the buds

Thurs - Wake up at 0400 and do a one shot ride home

Thursday night have wife massage my butt hehe

Old 04-26-2009, 08:12 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Originally Posted by masterblaster
thursday night have wife massage my butt hehe
lol!!!! :d

Old 04-26-2009, 09:34 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TMI about the butt thing

Old 04-26-2009, 07:44 PM
2 Beers
Road Master
Default Hey....fair warning everyone.......

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Hey....fair warning everyone.......

2 Beers just isn't right in the head. I spent some time with him yesterday and I gotta tell ya.... He'll fit right in. hee heeeeeeeeeee heeeeee hee.

Getting "Twisted" is gonna have a whole new meaning. This is going to be way too fun.
PoorBoy just isn't right in the head. I spent some time with him yesterday and I gotta tell ya.... He'll fit right in. hee heeeeeeeeeee heeeeee hee.

I can tell, this is going to be a great time to ride great roads with fun and crazy friends. Practice up the laughin' muscles, cause it's going to be a riot! PB, I can see why you're the No Rules Officer. Hee Hee!

2Beers

Old 04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Rain, whats that, it does not rain on me, just everything else. Hell as long as its not snowing too hard I dont care, I am going to ride. Getting Cranked, can ya tell? My schedule below

Thurday - Ride to Sanford get on train

Friday - Get off train, lunch at 5 Guys Hamburgers with some buds at Corp HQ in Fairfax, they wil be in Suits I will be in biker clothes hehe. Will let them buy.

Friday - Ride Skyline drive into Blue Ridge Pkway,

Saturday - Finish Blue Ridge then hit Maggie Valley after a run through the Dragon

Sunday - hope to see some of you all arriving.

Mon - Wed Ride the area with the buds

Thurs - Wake up at 0400 and do a one shot ride home

Thursday night have wife massage my butt hehe
Wow! MasterBlaster really Sucks! That sounds like a great plan! That one one shot ride home will be a doozy!

Rock On.

2Beers

Old 04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

is it time yet? Is it time yet? is it time yet? Is it time yet? is it time yet? Is it time yet? is it time yet? Is it time yet? is it time yet? Is it time yet? is it time yet? Is it time yet? is it time yet? Is it time yet? is it time yet? Is it time yet?

Old 04-27-2009, 08:26 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Well, I thought I'd give the gang an update on some things to expect for our Maggie trip. I spent Sunday riding the Highlands, Pisgah, BRP route and checking out the motel in Maggie Valley.

First, the Abbey Inn. The Abbey is an older motel, probably 60's vintage, that I'll call "quaint". The property and rooms are clean and neat and certainly satisfactory for a group of bikers. It's definately not the Iron Horse, but for $45.00 it will work. The rooms all have a coffee maker, small firdge, TV and WiFi. There is a shaded grassy knoll that has picnic tables and BBQ grills for a hang out area. The owners, husband & wife, are very friendly and accommodating. The only real downside I found was that there is no covered place for people to hang in the event of rain. The porch areas outside the rooms are uncovered and each room has 2 plastic outdoor chairs on the porch that can be easily carried to the grassy knoll area. PRAY FOR SUNSHINE

Contrary to conflicting map locations, the Abby Inn is 1.5 miles West of Ghost Town / Cataloochee Ski area which is on the west end of Maggie Valley proper. It is 2.0 miles East of where the Blue Ridge crosses Hwy 19 (Soco Rd).

The roads on the southern ride were in real good shape and made for some great hard and fast twisty runs.
I did encounter 1 detour in the Franklin area due to road construction but there was no traffic problems and easy detour. For those familiar with the area, Soco road is it's usual patchwork of asphalt but it's not too bad and only lasts for a few miles between Maggie and Cherokee.

No riding today, at least till I get some chores done, but I plan on checking out the Dragon/Cherohala route tomorrow.

Later

Last edited by cHarley; 04-27-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:35 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Thanks for the update cHarley. I just looked at the Accuweather long range forecast for Sunday, 5/3 through Wed 5/5 and it's calling for rain Sunday through Tuesday in Maggie Valley unfortunately.

http://www.accuweather.com/us/nc/mag...chg=1&metric=0

Old 04-27-2009, 08:40 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks for the update Charley, looking like I will have to do the BRP in the rain all the way down, oh well, beats the hell outta going to work. Had the wife watching youtube vids of the dragon last night, she is now pissed she aint going haha, maybe next year.

Quick Reply: Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL