Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members
View Poll Results: When should the meetup be held?
Last week of April
7.32%
First week of May
43.90%
Either one - I'll go with the flow
48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 09:47 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Good call Greg, as you definitely don't want to be low man on the totem pole from the sound of Dave's plans.
No doubt... I can just imagine layin there soakin up the beautiful view, and then.... "is it rainin...?" "No, sweetheart~ That's just the BDM Golden Showers!!"

Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bluedragon
no doubt... I can just imagine layin there soakin up the beautiful view, and then.... "is it rainin...?" "no, sweetheart~ that's just the bdm golden showers!!"

:d
lol!!! :d

Old 04-13-2009, 03:41 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Beers
Hey Sofadog, Redman53, and PoorBoy (others?)...

Unless I have this wrong, Linda and I will go through Valdosta, GA taking either the East or West coast routes. If we stayed in Valdosta, we're only 1.5-2hrs north of Gainesville. Sofadog, if you're leaving Sat at first light (7am), you could meetup with us in Valdosta at 9am.

Palm Coast, FL is about 3hrs to Valdosta (Poorboy and Redman53, going that way? or other?), so if they were to do an early start, we could all meet in Valdosta Sat AM and ride most of the day together.

Thoughts? Comments?

2Beers
http://twitter.com/martinsbm

I have made some "fixed" plans for Jim & I for Saturday night, and I can't impose on the extended hospitality. Google directions (I-95N, I-295W, I-10, then connecting North onto I-75) looks like we need 2hrs 46min to get to where I-84 (also labeled I-221 and local 38) intersects with I-75 (which is the west-side of Valdosta, GA).

I know I'll need at least one fuel stop, and maybe 2 smoke breaks between home and there. To meet ya at 9am somewhere in that area, we'll need to leave Palm Coast at 6am, or a little earlier.

Let me IM with Redman and we'll get back at ya here. Sharing the road (especially the boring part) will make the trip go better. LOL

Old 04-13-2009, 07:28 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow i have no route planned just north. trying to do mostly back roads. us 41 i here is a good route. picking up my NEW gps on friday.

Last edited by bulldogmoe7; 04-13-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:40 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
wow i have no route planned just north. trying to do mostly back roads. us 41 i here is a good route. picking up my NEW gps on friday.
Trip planning will start the day after you mount your GPS. Congrats.

Believe me, I have been on many rides where you drop a stick and head the direction one of the ends points. Having "Home" set on the GPS is always a good thing after listening to a piece of wood on the ground. Hee heeeeee hee.

I'm on a tight schedule (of sorts) to get in as much fun as possible, as soon as possible. I'm mapping the "just get there" route. After getting to Maggie Valley I don't where, how, when, or why anything else happens. LOL.

See ya soon. (at Dale's right?)

Old 04-13-2009, 09:26 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Yawn...........stretchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....I say my good man....

IS IT TIME YET!!!!!!
PoorBoy... you shake the trees and I'll rake the leaves.....I'm your wingman for this trip, wherever you goeth I'll follow...see ya in 18 days.........

Old 04-14-2009, 05:54 AM
sofadog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2 Beers
Hey Sofadog, Redman53, and PoorBoy (others?)...

Unless I have this wrong, Linda and I will go through Valdosta, GA taking either the East or West coast routes. If we stayed in Valdosta, we're only 1.5-2hrs north of Gainesville. Sofadog, if you're leaving Sat at first light (7am), you could meetup with us in Valdosta at 9am.

Palm Coast, FL is about 3hrs to Valdosta (Poorboy and Redman53, going that way? or other?), so if they were to do an early start, we could all meet in Valdosta Sat AM and ride most of the day together.

Thoughts? Comments?

2Beers
That sounds good to me, See you in Valdosta.

Last edited by sofadog; 04-14-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

i had a lot of favs saved on the old gps until it crapped out. also had all the harley dealers in the way nad in that are set in there to. as for dales i will not be showing. i switched my oncall schedule so i can get the friday may1st off.
Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Trip planning will start the day after you mount your GPS. Congrats.

Believe me, I have been on many rides where you drop a stick and head the direction one of the ends points. Having "Home" set on the GPS is always a good thing after listening to a piece of wood on the ground. Hee heeeeee hee.

I'm on a tight schedule (of sorts) to get in as much fun as possible, as soon as possible. I'm mapping the "just get there" route. After getting to Maggie Valley I don't where, how, when, or why anything else happens. LOL.

See ya soon. (at Dale's right?)

Old 04-14-2009, 07:21 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
i had a lot of favs saved on the old gps until it crapped out.
Amazing. Last week you found out your GPS wasn't capable of storing route files, and this week it has crapped out and you're getting a new one. Sounds like the old one accidentally got run over.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:47 AM
2 Beers
Road Master

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
I have made some "fixed" plans for Jim & I for Saturday night, and I can't impose on the extended hospitality. Google directions (I-95N, I-295W, I-10, then connecting North onto I-75) looks like we need 2hrs 46min to get to where I-84 (also labeled I-221 and local 38) intersects with I-75 (which is the west-side of Valdosta, GA).

I know I'll need at least one fuel stop, and maybe 2 smoke breaks between home and there. To meet ya at 9am somewhere in that area, we'll need to leave Palm Coast at 6am, or a little earlier.

Let me IM with Redman and we'll get back at ya here. Sharing the road (especially the boring part) will make the trip go better. LOL
Hate to break you and Redman out that early. We're stretching our second day a little by staying in Valdosta vs Macon to see if we can meetup with you two and Sofadog as we need to reach Sautee Nacoochee, GA hopefully mid-late afternoon, and hopefully before dark to stay at Ken/Carol's. We're bringing them with to Maggie Valley on Sunday morning. If it works for ya, cool. If not, don't push it on our account.

2Beers

Quick Reply: Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL