Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members
View Poll Results: When should the meetup be held?
Last week of April
7.32%
First week of May
43.90%
Either one - I'll go with the flow
48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup Sick Puppy (Redman53) will be at my house Friday night (May 2nd). We head out first thing Saturday morning from Palm Coast. We plan to be on the northside of Atlanta for Saturday night.

We may not need all that clock-time to get there, but I don't want to over-shake the Old No. 7 on board too much so we'll take our time and try to enjoy the boring super-slab. We'll be on I-75 all the way once we cross into Georgia out of Florida.

Rolling into Maggie Valley on Sunday afternoon. See everyone soon!!!!!

Last edited by PoorBoy; 04-07-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:46 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of plans do we have once we all get there? i know i/wife and bluedragon/ladyhawk will not be in you area (maggie vally). free house for the week with a hot tub duh. i know one day the wife and i will be off to visit the ex-inlaws in franklin NC. but any plans or days to do certain things?

Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Ride eat ride eat ride eat ride eat, Beer, Sleep, ride some more. Probably look at some real etsate, cabin few acres etc.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:46 PM
2 Beers
Road Master

Route up still not confirmed for Linda and I yet, but Mark (Gainesville) can't go due to work ... so guessing we'll go up the east side of FL. Will run a few scenarios this weekend. To Sautee Nacoochee, GA on Sat the 2nd, then with Carol/Ken to Maggie Valley on Sun the 3rd.

Nickname on Twitter is "martinsbm". Thinking about using it to "be located" on the trip. www.twitter.com/martinsbm or with a / at the end if needed.

Twitter lets you post a quick "where you are" by web or by mobile phone (text message), and you can "follow" someone with your phone if you like. Might be a way to keep up with each other ... ??? Free service. If you're "following me", you get a text message each time I post a new location. Now, can I remember to post it every so often?!

Use this to see phone commands: Twitter Mobile Phone Helps

2Beers

Old 04-08-2009, 04:10 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Beers
Route up still not confirmed for Linda and I yet, but Mark (Gainesville) can't go due to work ... so guessing we'll go up the east side of FL. Will run a few scenarios this weekend. To Sautee Nacoochee, GA on Sat the 2nd, then with Carol/Ken to Maggie Valley on Sun the 3rd.

2Beers
Hey, that's great you guys are going to make it. I am Sooooo ready.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Has anyone tried Google Latitude? http://www.google.com/latitude/intro.html

Free, uses your phone GPS, you can add friends and immediately see where they are on a map anywhere, zoom in, zoom out, get road info, directions to and from.... Can be used on your phone or computer.

Just send a join request to your latitude friend, accept it and boom, view anytime anywhere. When you are done, break the friend connection for privacy. Easy

Old 04-08-2009, 05:33 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

geesh join this join that what am i to do??

i join LOL more info the better.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:47 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

from what i can tell you need their email address to join. then the email gets sent to the phone if your phone is capable of getting email. i am going to try it out with my wife.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:34 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

mr wizard. even though it is a good idea. it took me over a half an hour to get that set up between mine and my wifes phone. when it did work the location for the 2 of us was way off each other. even though i had both phones in hand.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Because it is set through your phone company's GPS system and you are indoors it will get within a reasonable distance at first. As you use it and go outside and run around town it will get within a few feet. On the second day I was using it I zoomed in to the satellite view it had be sitting zeroed in to the exact parking space on the map.

When the program is on your smart phone all you need is an email address of the other user. Enter it on your phone and it will send a note to to the email address you entered. Your friend will pop up as soon they accept the email request.

You don't have to get a gmail email account and there's no charge from google to use this service. There is no charge from my phone company to use the GPS either. Not too shabby for being free.

Keep trying it. Hope you like it.

Quick Reply: Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL