Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members
View Poll Results: When should the meetup be held?
Last week of April
7.32%
First week of May
43.90%
Either one - I'll go with the flow
48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:12 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Excellent idea Dave!

I have put an account together and threw a pdf file up there that has everything cHarley and I have got (so far).

The following folks have "Editor" privileges:

Paul
cHarley
Dave
Carol
Karen
Jim Smith

PLUS..... I will add anyone else who wants in. I just need a decent email address.

GO here to try to view: (you may need to sign-up....but like Dave said...its FREE)

http://workspace.office.live.com/#pa...0Dragon%20Romp

Paul, for this to work I believe you will need to send a "Workspace Sharing Invitation" E-mail to those people who want access to the workspace.

See HERE under "Share with Others".

I can't access the workspace from your link.

I get the following error msg:
The Windows Live ID <charliexxx@live.com> used to sign in does not permit access to the shared workspace or document. Try again using the Windows Live ID associated with the invitation e-mail address.

Last edited by cHarley; 03-02-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

I tried to edit but your documents are "read only"

This thing is pretty cool and to be FREE is just great.

It will also let you use Windows ViewShare where you can invite anyone to view any running application, email or your entire computer screen but they can't interact or use your computer like a remote access.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:33 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cHarley
Paul, for this to work I believe you will need to send a "Workspace Sharing Invitation" E-mail to those people who want access to the workspace.

See HERE under "Share with Others".

I can't access the workspace from your link.

I get the following error msg:
The Windows Live ID <charliexxx@live.com> used to sign in does not permit access to the shared workspace or document. Try again using the Windows Live ID associated with the invitation e-mail address.

I did a "share with others" email for all listed above. I see Karen added herself to attendees list. The pdf file is probably read-only, but everything else should be able to edit. I sent your invite cHarley to your gmail account. Maybe that's the issue.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:38 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Once I signed up, had no problem getting in. Thanks for doing Dave, Paul. Really looking forward to this.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

the only file I can save is the PDF. no editing is available on any of the others.

all others say:

The Windows Live ID <XXXXX@XXXX.com> used to sign in does not permit access to the shared workspace or document. Try again using the Windows Live ID associated with the invitation e-mail address.

There's still plenty of time. This is all new to me too but we'll get it.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

I think i know why...

My officelive account is a different email address than the one you sent it to Paul. That is why it won't let me do anything more than view.

Now.. where's my coffee? UGH

Old 03-02-2009, 09:17 AM
cHarley
Club Member

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
I did a "share with others" email for all listed above. I see Karen added herself to attendees list. The pdf file is probably read-only, but everything else should be able to edit. I sent your invite cHarley to your gmail account. Maybe that's the issue.
OK, found your invite in my Gmail spam folder. Must be a Gmail vs MS FU thing.

Also, I have no edit capability. I believe that the only way that you can grant Edit access to others is by having their existing or newly created MS Live login address. Live has no clue who cHarley is.
I'll PM you my Live address.

Just an FYI, I do not use Live for Email as I found it was a major SPAM magnet.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:50 AM
cHarley
Club Member

Thanks Paul, the address change fixed it. I added my info and that of 3 others. I also added a column to indicate where peeps are staying and their arrival & departure dates since not everyone will be in Maggie.

FYI, Since we have the FL Crew directory, I'm not to sure we need to post phone numbers and email addresses here. Private workgroup or not I don't trust Cloud Computing security with personal info. Just my .02

Last edited by cHarley; 03-02-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by cHarley
Private workgroup or not I don't trust Cloud Computing security with personal info. Just my .02

+1

I host many email domains over here. It's funny to see when I create a new email for myself and use it one time on a web based log in how much spam I get within a few days or months.

Gmail is great and disposable too. I also think their spam filter is one of the best around.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:15 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny watching these long running threads morph from subject to the next..same thing happened with the Ocala thread....not complaining ,just an observation...

Quick Reply: Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL