Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members
View Poll Results: When should the meetup be held?
Last week of April
7.32%
First week of May
43.90%
Either one - I'll go with the flow
48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 07:52 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

cHarley, any of y'all ever been down to the Dillard House to eat in Dillard, GA. A couple of the guys have referenced it in my places to eat in Maggie Valley thread and so I just thought I would ask if the ride over was worth it from MV?

Old 02-15-2009, 08:18 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey karen.
i have been wondering where have you all been lately? did you all move to another section?
how have you been? bluedragon and ladyhawk will be staying with us in murphy that week that this shin ding is going on. so dont forget about us there to LOL

Old 02-17-2009, 10:48 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Hi Dave! The HH has their own forum nowadays. I'm still on here regularly, along with a few others. Rode on alot of cold days last winter and decided I really wasn't that into it so have sat alot of the winter out, but it's warming up and I'm putting together a few rides. I've also got a Georgia riders group and a Queens of the Road (ladies) group going over in the Social Groups Section here, so still around. Todd and I are really looking forward to this trip in May.

Last edited by GeorgiaGirl; 02-17-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:01 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
cHarley, any of y'all ever been down to the Dillard House to eat in Dillard, GA. A couple of the guys have referenced it in my places to eat in Maggie Valley thread and so I just thought I would ask if the ride over was worth it from MV?
GeorgeGirl, have eaten at Dillard House and it is good, a little south of Maggie probably an hour. There is another cool place close to Maggie where charley and I had my parents 50th, can't think of the name, maybe charley will chime in.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:09 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by kimbo
Was thinkig about doing patches for the mountain ride. We could do the HD shield, like on the Ocala shirt or a oval patch that might work better with the text. Here's some ideas for the text.

FL/GA Crew Mountain Madness 09
FL/GA Crew Spring Fever 09
FL/GA Crew Spring Fling 09
FL/GA Crew Dragon Tail 09
FL/GA Crew Mtn.Twistes 09

Any ideas are welcome.
OK here's one more, I know Sic Puppy had some ideas, maybe my bro can put the patch idea up for a vote.

FL/GA Crew Maggie May Ride

Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

GeorgeGirl, have eaten at Dillard House and it is good, a little south of Maggie probably an hour. There is another cool place close to Maggie where charley and I had my parents 50th, can't think of the name, maybe charley will chime in.
Good to know it's not far. I would LOVE the chance to eat there again. Have been wanting to go for some time but it's a haul from our place.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:56 AM
LadyHawk
Road Captain

OK here's one more, I know Sic Puppy had some ideas, maybe my bro can put the patch idea up for a vote.

FL/GA Crew Maggie May Ride
I like the "Spring Fling" one..

Old 02-18-2009, 07:37 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

The Dillard House is still excellent from what I here, I haven't been there in a few years but it gets excellent reviews. From Maggie Valley, it is about 1:15 each way, taking the most direct route. The Dillard House serves lunch from 11:30 - 5:00, dinner from 5:00 - 8:30. Maybe a good idea for an early dinner (late lunch prices 4:00-4:30) and have plenty of daylight left for riding back to Maggie before dark. Those dark rural mountain roads can get a bit spooky for night riding.

The other family style place Kimbo is thinking of is the Jarrett House, another family style restaurant in Dillsboro NC. It's about a 30 minute ride.
Jarrett House.

Last edited by cHarley; 02-18-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:43 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

While I would love to go back to the Dillard House Charley, the Jarrett House sounds good too. Whatever the group wants to do.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:00 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

While I would love to go back to the Dillard House Charley, the Jarrett House sounds good too. Whatever the group wants to do.
Either one is doable, whatever the group decides, but I'm going to leave things like where we Eat and Vest Patches for everyone else to figger out. This is a group endeavor and my thumb print on it is big enough.

Quick Reply: Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL