Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members
View Poll Results: When should the meetup be held?
Last week of April
7.32%
First week of May
43.90%
Either one - I'll go with the flow
48.78%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Yup.. it's all bout them there details fer sur.

Mission accomplished, reservations made. C and I will be there. Sunday, leaving some time Wednesday.

Question is which bike. Now that's a real B*tch of a question ain't it? Paul told me to shut up and ride. (that pretty good advice)

Next question.. do we have an itenary of rides or we just going to wingnut it?

Old 02-13-2009, 01:37 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
I'm all set with the reservations too at Abbey Inn. 5-3-09, checking out 5-7-09.

Karen (& gang): on some emails going back and forth, there is a real good chance of seeing you Sat night. how cool is that?

Details will follow, I'm sure.
That's very cool indeed Paul and we will look forward to it!

Old 02-13-2009, 02:03 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard

I'll bet ya cHarley has some wonderful suggestions.

With plenty of time yet, I'm gonna start laying some possible routes out for my GPS. I've got the ability to play with Google Maps (& Google Earth) and then use this url tool to export the routes to my Garmin Zumo. Works pretty slick.

My problem will be not knowing where all the eateries are along the way, or where any of the neat spots are. That will be where cHarley can advise. We can have long & short options, and of course we'll adjust for weather.

I'm all-for a group effort on this, so if anyone has suggestions for things to do or places to see please don't be bashful. I know there is a Harley dealer up there too somewhere, so that may trip somebody's trigger as well.

I'll make up travel kits for everyone (color map printouts) that can also be used the night before to help decide the next-day's choices.

Or- screw-it, we'll just pick a direction and head out. Remember now- I'm suppose to be the official "No rules" moderator. heeeeee heeeee heee.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:48 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Yep, I got a few real good "better part of the day" rides that I have run before that are ready to go, but I'm sure others will have some good rides as well. I'll put up the GPS routes I have on my website in the next week so people can download them. I'll make available an upload address where anyone else with route maps can do so as well.

Just 2 worth mention I have mapped are:

1 - The Dragon, Hwy 360, Cherohala Pkwy Loop. (Always a must do )

2 - Baby Dragon (Hwy 28 S.) down through Franklin, across the Highlands Rd ( US 64 ) to Brevard, Up through Pisgah Nat. Forest to the BRP and across to the Pkwy to the Maggie Valley exit. Real good BBQ joint enroute at Cashiers

Just an idea: Someone might want to volunteer to take the submitted route maps and redo/convert them with HD's Ride Planner (or similar), so those without a GPS have the rides in a printable format as well.

Last edited by cHarley; 02-13-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:51 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Guys, not being GPS savy, was wondering if there is any way to download and print copies of the maps for these rides? If so, and they can be sent as jpgs or pdfs, I'll be happy to print off copies to hand out if that's feasible. I just remember when in FL we had a few people without GPS who just wanted a map of the different rides to check out. Thoughts?

Old 02-13-2009, 03:00 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Guys, not being GPS savy, was wondering if there is any way to download and print copies of the maps for these rides? If so, and they can be sent as jpgs or pdfs, I'll be happy to print off copies to hand out if that's feasible. I just remember when in FL we had a few people without GPS who just wanted a map of the different rides to check out. Thoughts?
Yup lots of time to get everyone set up with hard copies of everything. I will make up a "kit" and get it out electronically (most likely pdf format) that can be printed.

I can pack copies as well.

I KNEW cHarley would have some routes & spots to eat. Way cool.

I look forward to checking out what ya got cHarley when you make a link available. Thanks!

Old 02-13-2009, 03:02 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Awesome Paul! Thanks

Old 02-13-2009, 03:22 PM
cHarley
Club Member

That's great Paul, thank you....

If you want, you can forward the PDF files to me as you get them and I'll put them up with the GPS files so there's a 1 Stop place for everyone to access the info. That will make it easier to handle distribution of late submissions and updates.

Of course, now that we have a Fl Crew directory, distributing the info to members via e-mail just got a whole lot easier.

Last edited by cHarley; 02-13-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:42 PM
cHarley
Club Member

Hey Gang, For those that have not made your reservations yet, I thought I would post up my reservation confirmation from the Abby Inn as it contains our Room Rate info, Total Cost and other pertinent details.

Please specify you are part of the FL Crew when you make your reservation. ( Sorry Ga folks, no slight intended )

Stay Details:
Check In Date: 05/03/09 - Sunday Check Out Date:05/08/09 -Friday
Nights
: 5 Adults:2 Children: 0 (smoking double)

Room Price: (49.00 x 5) less 10%

Adjustments:
Subtotal
NC Tax 24.26
Total: 244.76
Deposit Received: 00.00
Balance Due at check-in: 244.76

Notice To Guests
CHECK IN is at 3 PM; CHECK OUT is at 10 AM.
DEPOSITS apply to last portion of reservation.
REFUND of deposit will be made (minus $10.00 service fee) if notice to cancel is made at least 10 days before arrival.
NO REFUNDS given on early departure unless room can be re-rented for entire period reserved.
ROOM capacity is 4 people. Room for unannounced guests not guaranteed.
CHILDREN under 10 years of age stay free.
There is a $5.00 charge per day per extra person 10 years or older.

Questions about your reservation? Call us at 800-545-5853

ABBEY INN RESERVATION CONFIRMATION

Is It Time Yet?

Old 02-13-2009, 03:58 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cHarley
That's great Paul, thank you....

If you want, you can forward the PDF files to me as you get them and I'll put them up with the GPS files so there's a 1 Stop place for everyone to access the info. That will make it easier to handle distribution of late submissions and updates.

Of course, now that we have a Fl Crew directory, distributing the info to members via e-mail just got a whole lot easier.
I will cheerfully coordinate everything through you sir. We'll make it look like we almost know what we're doing. ha haaaaaaa ha.

Quick Reply: Florida / Georgia Meetup POLL