Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Barber Museum and 29 Dreams Ride on 9/6

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:22 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally a little saddle time, somehow we dodged the rain all day, as Karen said the museum is awesome, unbelievable amount of bikes and more, an all first class run operation,, and then you have the race track to boot, there were sportbikes on the track we assumed doing a racing school, it was cool to watch them from time to time as we toured the various floors of the museum.

It was good to see you and Todd again Karen, Mike it was good to see you again and finally get to chat a bit, it was also my pleasure to meet everyone that I had not previously met, I think everyone enjoyed it as much as I did, I highly recommend the museum and 29Dreams if ya are motorcycle people!!

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:58 PM
ownasofttail
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear all of you made it home safe.Nice to put a face with a name. I wish the mini van would not of been in front because that road really is fun with a little more speed. Hope you all enjoyed the food at 29 dreams we have never had a bad meal there.The owners are a really nice couple.For any of you that are close enough the Barbers museum is worth the 15.00 to see all they have.Hope all of you and more can come in Oct. to see the vintage races.Sweet 07 if your ever out and need someone to ride with just give us a shout we try to ride most weekends.maybe we can go John Tn's way or Georgia is about the same ride.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:22 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Y'all are welcome over this way any time. It's not a bad daytrip. Come over and we'll run down to Warm Springs and Pine Mtn. Pics from today coming up.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:37 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You're kidding is what's listed as the top speed for this model. LOL!

Cow glide

Jeff Gordon Indian

Now you can't touch anything John. You know I found out the hard way.

Can't tell I like the look of the old Indian's can you. The classic Beemers with sidecars were great too. So, so many cool bikes there.

And so nice of Gumby to have let them borrow the Captain for a while :

29 Dreams was very nice and in a beautiful area:

Old 09-06-2008, 11:46 PM
GGC
Road Warrior

Wow!! I guess the only thing missing was ME!
Looks like You'all had a great time,,, I'll catch up with Yall again!

Old 09-07-2008, 05:14 AM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
The Barber Museum is awesome!!! Will post the photos we took in a bit. Can't wait to go back in October for the vintage racing on the 16 & 17th. John and Terri, always great to see you. Eryk (Sweet07) it was very nice finally meeting you and your lovely wife Melinda. Mike (ownasoftail) really great meeting you too and thank you for leading us up Hwy. 25 over to 29 Dreams for lunch. Too bad the minivan spoiled running through those twisties with any speed. This was a great way to spend a Saturday. Thanks all!
Thanks for sharing your experience as that is on my to do list for next year. The web site makes it look worth the ride.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:59 AM
BikerChick98
Tourer

Originally Posted by GGC
Wow!! I guess the only thing missing was ME!
AND ME! Sorry I couldn't make it - looks like a great time. Glad to hear you missed the rain - it rained here in Newnan off and on most of the afternoon.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:59 AM
sweet07
Outstanding HDF Member

Sorry it took me so long to get here. My wife and I had a wonderful time yesterday. Great meeting everyone! And yeah, Mike, I would love to get together with you guys for a nice ride. I'll be in touch.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Some pics from yesterday.

Attached Thumbnails Barber Museum and 29 Dreams Ride on 9/6-barber-001.jpg   Barber Museum and 29 Dreams Ride on 9/6-barber-003.jpg   Barber Museum and 29 Dreams Ride on 9/6-barber-011.jpg   Barber Museum and 29 Dreams Ride on 9/6-barber-012.jpg   Barber Museum and 29 Dreams Ride on 9/6-barber-014.jpg  

Old 09-07-2008, 05:07 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default More pics!!

More pics from yesterday!!

Attached Thumbnails Barber Museum and 29 Dreams Ride on 9/6-barber-015.jpg   Barber Museum and 29 Dreams Ride on 9/6-barber-016.jpg   Barber Museum and 29 Dreams Ride on 9/6-barber-017.jpg   Barber Museum and 29 Dreams Ride on 9/6-barber-019.jpg   Barber Museum and 29 Dreams Ride on 9/6-barber-025.jpg  

Quick Reply: Barber Museum and 29 Dreams Ride on 9/6