Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Fla crew, goin away ride for son, back to Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:18 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Wife came to me a little while ago after a long phone conversation with her sister in Orlando and started telling me about her dad's birthday, her sister coming from Orlando, her brother, her brothers daughter and new baby from Oklahoma, and all the family getting together. I had a feeling about the date that she was about to tell me. Then she said it "Saturday the 27th". Tough to get out of this one guys. Especially since tomorrow is my wife and mine 28th anniversary and I am riding for an overnighter.

Last edited by MJ; 09-12-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:24 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wideglide95th
Wife came to me a little while ago after a long phone conversation with her sister in Orlando and started telling me about her dad's birthday, her sister coming from Orlando, her brother, her brothers daughter and new baby from Oklahoma, and all the family getting together. I had a feeling about the date that she was about to tell me. Then she said it "Saturday the 27th". Tough to get out of this one guys. Especially since tomorrow is my wife and mine 28th anniversary and I am riding for an overnighter.
Hey I know the feeling, like I was telling you this afternoon I'm gonna miss the Run to the Heartland this year cause of the in-laws birthday surprise. At least I'll be in Daytona and can escape to a few hang-outs up there for some "my time".

Looks like I'll have to make the long ride south by myself.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:32 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well? lets get the roster going to see who is in on this one

Old 09-13-2008, 06:40 PM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior

I'm in

Old 09-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Drclev3
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jerry Is this still open for Ideas? If so I kinda like the first Idea you had of heading west.To much Stop and go traffic east and if we have a good turn out that could be a pain/problem. Maybe meet at Cafe 27 head west on the alley to 29 then head north through Immokalee to La Belle stop for luch some where head east across 80 hit 27 through Clewiston break off with the palm beach crew head south down 27 to 595 and break off from there. It would make it a little better for the palm beach guys. Not trying to step on any toes but just a Idea. I hate traffic!!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 09:46 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Talking

yes I agree I hate traffic also specially at this time a year, it was just an idea just trying to help jerry out with some ideas.

I think the heck with riding and we take him to "Tootsies" and make sure he gets a great ride!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2008, 03:13 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I agree, this soundds like a great route, it is a PIA with the traffic in the MIA area with a group. Good thinking.

Originally Posted by Drclev3
Jerry Is this still open for Ideas? If so I kinda like the first Idea you had of heading west.To much Stop and go traffic east and if we have a good turn out that could be a pain/problem. Maybe meet at Cafe 27 head west on the alley to 29 then head north through Immokalee to La Belle stop for luch some where head east across 80 hit 27 through Clewiston break off with the palm beach crew head south down 27 to 595 and break off from there. It would make it a little better for the palm beach guys. Not trying to step on any toes but just a Idea. I hate traffic!!!!

Old 09-14-2008, 07:00 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

If we are still looking at the options, attached is a map of a similar route I took a couple of months ago that knocks off about 30 miles of slab riding and runs up through the Seminole and Miccosukee Indian reservations. Point B on the map is the Gulf Coast Town Center that has the following grub joints,

Aurelio's Pizza
Bar Louie
Fire Pit City Grill
Hurricane Grill and Wings
Islamorada Fish Company / Bass Pro Shop
Miller's Ale House
Outback Steakhouse
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
R.J. Gator's
Shane's Rib Shack
Moe's Southwest Grill

Map: http://url2it.com/iop

Layout of the Town Center:
http://www.gulfcoasttowncenter.com/s...lower?openform

Just thought it might provide better options for eating places and more country road miles.

Last edited by cHarley; 09-14-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(Eratic beeping noise of a news flash) "This just in!"

The wife and I are passing up the Key west weekend that I mentioned that caused me to miss this ride. So I'll be happy to announce I can help send off your son to duty for our great country by taking a scenic route of our great (flat) state!

As I stated before, I have a high respect for the servicemen that have the ***** I don't have to do duty keeping this country strong for everyones freedom.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:55 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

cHarley, yes that route looks great. You can pick the grub joint since you are a native of this area (one of the few). Great news Philip, glad you can ride with us, good wife. Al did you make it to Petersons yesterday?

Quick Reply: Fla crew, goin away ride for son, back to Iraq