Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Fla crew, goin away ride for son, back to Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:27 PM
2 Beers
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy FLA Crew Folks...

Thanks a ton for the ride and great welcome yesterday. Appreciate all of the welcome messages. Think I've found another home as you folks ride the way I like riding. Was especially glad to represent the PGR for this ride. Those who earn my freedom to own and ride, I highly appreciate. My thanks to Jerry and Jerry, Jr. as well as all who serve. Stay safe.

wideglide95th, hope you can solve the electrical issue. A battery would be a nice easy fix. Also had a good time on the last half of the ride with cHarley, Kimbo, and Roadie Gluidin'. Thanks, Gents. Lookin' forward to the next ride. And, will look into Ocala event.

You're all invited to ride with to Sebring and back next Saturday 04Oct if so inclined. A few friends from a previous life and I keep a little ride calendar up, and I'll be posting updates there for Saturday. It's not really a group, just friends. http://home.comcast.net/~martinsb/

Looking forward to more FLA Crew encounters.

2 Beers
PGR S-FL Ride Captain

Old 09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

2 Beers it was most definitely a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Glad you had a good time yesterday, honestly yesterday was an anomaly for the FL Crew, we usually don't have as much drama. Looking forward to riding with you again , and hope you can make it to Ocalalalala.....
Roadie_Glidn' sorry I didn't get to chat with ya very much yesterday, but I'm hoping you will come back for another ride and give me a chance to chew the fat with ya. If you live in Miami maybe we can meet up for bike night some Wed. night
And yeah I will post the pics ASAP
Sleepman...smile when you say Tweety.....
gezzzz getting more nicknames than a Chicago con artist on here....think I'll stick with redman..and my alter ego Sick Puppy....Tweety is too close to ...well....nevermind

Old 09-28-2008, 06:57 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Found the problem guys!

First I checked the voltage on the battery. Only 10 volts. Removed it and placed it on charge. Got my service manual and was going to check the ohm of the stator and regulator at the plug. Removed the plug that goes from the regulator and plugs into the stator plug at the engine case on the left side of the bike right beneath the oil filter. This is what I found. One of the prongs had broken off. So far not able to get the broken piece out of the stator plug. Will continue to work on it. Got to by a new regulator to get that plug. Or carry some wire cutters around with me and get one off another bike and splice it. YALL watch out. Just kidding.

Last edited by MJ; 09-28-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:08 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey guys,
I'm glad everyone is ok. As for my feeling, I did not know this was going to happen. I just knew I was suppose to stay home. I didn't get the feeling until I saw my GF in the dark when I walked back into the house to get something I forgot. She told me she was waiting for me to leave. I pried a little harder and then she told me she was also having a funny feeling about my trip. That is when I decided to cancel my trip. I'm just glad everyone is okay.

Murph

Old 09-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Sick Puppy
Advanced

Dear All Knowing and Omnipotent Grand Poobah Sir
If you or your GF keep getting six numbers stuck in your head...by all means please share....

sincerely your,
Humble and Unworthy Grovelling Knave of a Subject
(who's still patiently waiting to be Knighted)

Sick Puppy

Old 09-28-2008, 09:17 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Old 09-28-2008, 09:23 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Old 09-28-2008, 09:27 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

I will pm you Jim

Old 09-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Drclev3
Road Master

I Vote Mike and Jim be the official Camera guys of the S FL Crew rides. Jim always gets good still shots and Mike gets the action shots. Well done guys!!

Murph Sometimes you just have to listen to that gut feeling!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 07:17 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Drclev3
I Vote Mike and Jim be the official Camera guys of the S FL Crew rides. Jim always gets good still shots and Mike gets the action shots. Well done guys!!
I second that one...

Originally Posted by Drclev3
Murph Sometimes you just have to listen to that gut feeling!!!
You better believe that..... My gut feeling has saved my azz in my job several times. Too many to want to remember..

Murph

Quick Reply: Fla crew, goin away ride for son, back to Iraq