Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Fla crew, goin away ride for son, back to Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Drclev3
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad everyone is ok!!! Like said Jerry lessons learned & the bikes can be fixed!!

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Thnaks Murph he is reading this now, next time you get that feeling post the night before. Junior ran into the back of my bike while he was sliding, too much frontt brake on a tight stop. Road rash, lessons learded, the hard way but learned none the less. Physical damage, my bike, back fender, scratched faring, scratched lid of hard bag, bent highway bar, etc. Kimbos bike, damaged exhaust by me sliding by him (Sorry bud), Juniors Sporty , damaged forks, front tire & rim, scrapes all over, dented tank, bent bars, etc etc. Hope the insurance is as good as they say they are. Will say the Sheriffs department there are great. Nobody hurt too bad so all fixable.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Roadie_Glidin'
Intermediate

I'm glad everyone made it home in one piece! This was definitely a unique ride for me. Hopefully the future ones are not this eventful.

It was great to meet everyone! Jerry Jr., thanks again for your service. It is appreciated. Whenever a package is getting to put together for Jerry JR, please let me know so I can contribute.

I decided to take a spin down SoBe on the way to see the sand and surf covering the streets from the storms.

I finished up at 421 miles today. Not too bad for a day trip!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:27 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was great seeing all of you guys today!!!! My wife said that you are all a great bunch....

After I got home around 2:30pm I dropped my daughter off and I went to my office to begin closing the month. I went to subways accross the street with the owner of my company as we are siting there I see a yellow flat bed with two scoots on the back, orange sportster & a black ultra I said to my boss man those two bikes there look very familiar I think those are my friends bikes I said to him we finished eating came back to the office got busy, then a short time after I remembered about the bikes so I called Jerry and I asked him "Are you ok" I told him that I saw two bikes identical to his and then he said yeah and told me about that they had an rear ending accident.
I was beyond happy to hear that everyone is ok the bikes can be fixed !!!!!!!!

Old 09-27-2008, 06:52 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Yep, I guess my day was not so eventful. I only made 142 miles on the bike and the rest was on the trailer. Jeremy is a real friend for hanging out with me on the rez. Thanks friend.

Jerry Jr,
Like I said "Go over there and take care of business and bring home the victory." You are a hero. If you or your dad want the full resolution pictures, pm me your email address.

Sorry to hear about the rear ending guys. Just glad all the Florida Crew is OK!

Great to see my ole buddies and meet the new guys. Hey! We usually have a great time. Twobeers, Thanks for the assistance on the bike. Tomorrow I am going to get my multi-meter and see what I can find. I will check my battery voltage and if low will charge it then crank it. My service manual tells me how to check the regulator and stator output.

Rebel,
Yep sheit happens! We all survived the day and we have some great people fighting for our freedom. We are blessed to be Americans.

"It was still a good day."

Oh I almost forgot. Al, you have a fine family there. Take care and hope to see you again soon.

Last edited by MJ; 09-27-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:01 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Yo Al..dude...I didn't forget ya's....TJ is a cool little dude..he's got take after his mama..he's way too cute to look like you...LOL...j/king ...congrats on the new lil biker ...

Old 09-27-2008, 08:26 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Okay Murph next time you get one of your feelings I expect a phone call. I hereby suggest adding "all knowing" to the GP title you hold.

Also Roadie Glidn and 2 beers, it was good to meet ya and make sure you check out the rally thread. Since you're now part of the Fl Crew it'd be great to have you attend.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:08 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redman53
Yo Al..dude...I didn't forget ya's....TJ is a cool little dude..he's got take after his mama..he's way too cute to look like you...LOL...j/king ...congrats on the new lil biker ...

Hey Jim you are 100% right because if he looked like me he would be an ugly little dude..heheheheheh

Thank you!!!!!!

Old 09-28-2008, 07:40 AM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I am glad to hear you all are OK. It sucks what happened to the bikes but all in all everyone is safe and ok and that puts a smile on my face!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Sick Puppy
Advanced

Hmmmmmmm SP likes Harley Trishs avatar...you like puppies do ya?...

Old 09-28-2008, 10:10 AM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah I love my two boxer boys!! Who am I kidding I love all pups!

Quick Reply: Fla crew, goin away ride for son, back to Iraq