Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Florida Rally - Ocala 2008

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:05 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,372 Likes on 2,574 Posts

Anybody come up with Saturday's ride route yet?
1xl ls
1xl ss
1 ladies med ss

Old 08-25-2008, 06:39 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I wouldn't mind having a 2X. Thanks

Old 08-25-2008, 06:41 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kimbo
Since the rally seems to be growing, I think we really need shirts. In the past the pre-order/ pre-pay has not worked well. I'm going to take it on myself to be the first Ocala Rally vendor. I'm going to come up with a professional design and go out of pocket for about 50 or maybe more shirts. Will probably do long sleeves short sleeves, sleeveless and probably some chick shirts in white and black. Not looking to make a profit, but will probably mark my cost up a couple of bucks to cover unsold stock and my out of pocket expenses. If you don't like em you don't buy em. Not trying to make this into a commercial event but I think we all would like to leave the event with something we can all wear with pride. I have some ideas for the design and will be posting it in the next couple of weeks.

Again not trying to make this a commercal event but I just thinking that this was the best way to handle it and everyone leave with a shirt that they want.
That sounds great to me. I had a graphic artist working on some designs, but he has never called me back. Your awesome kimbo. I wanted to have shirts for the rally, but didn't know how it was going to happen. Thanks for doing this. If there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know.

Murph

Originally Posted by wideglide95th
Hey Murph,

Haven't seen any post from Ron the Jackel. Have you heard from him?
I called him the other day. He was busy. Don't know. I know this storm has put a lot of public safety people in overtime.... You know that better than anyone. I will try to call him later today.

Murph

Originally Posted by back again
Anybody come up with Saturday's ride route yet?
We have a couple of Ocala members working on about three different routes....I think I will start another post with the details and let you all decide....

Murph

Old 08-25-2008, 07:01 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Okay folks. Here is the plan so far.

Friday - Everyone shows up to the hotel. We all meet and greet. I "little" party later in the night.

Saturday -
Plan #1 - Everyone gets breakfast. They choose between three different 2-3 hour routes. We meet up to predesignated location between 3-4 pm for a slow race (not in stone). Dinner and then another "little" party.

Plan #2 - Everyone gets breakfast. We all ride together in a larger route (3-4 hour). We meet up to predesignated location between 3-4 pm for a slow race (not in stone). Dinner and then another "little" party.

No matter which plan we decide to use, we are going to ask people to make up there own smaller groups. (picking 5-10 people per group). This way you are only responsible for your group. There will be GPS files of the routes for individuals with GPS units, and printed Google Maps of the routes for people who did not have GPS units. This is done to make it a safer ride. Last year I was doing over a 100 in some places trying to catch up. I think this would be safer. Let me know what you think.

Well, these are the plans. If anyone does not like them, or has other ideas, please let me know. I would love to hear any other ideas.

Murph G.P.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:10 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Sorry another post.

I just received a PM from HDRick. They are working on the routes. He was asking about the Harley Demo. I Know a few want to do that, but how many. I'm thinking about the masses here. Trust me, I don't mind visiting a Harley shop, and would like to. However, there are going to be some people who do not want to ride demos. I think that is going to be an all day thing. Maybe that could be a seperate route for the folks who want to do the demos. Please give me you feedback on this one.

Murph G.P.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:20 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Its just another option for something for people to do. Maybe just have a time and place nearby for whoever wants to meet for lunch and everyone can be off doing what they want. The more options for people the better.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by murph
Sorry another post.

I just received a PM from HDRick. They are working on the routes. He was asking about the Harley Demo. I Know a few want to do that, but how many. I'm thinking about the masses here. Trust me, I don't mind visiting a Harley shop, and would like to. However, there are going to be some people who do not want to ride demos. I think that is going to be an all day thing. Maybe that could be a seperate route for the folks who want to do the demos. Please give me you feedback on this one.

Murph G.P.
uhhh, as I recall from last year, we need to keep Murph away from the dealerships.

imo, plan #1 w/ alternate routes works. especially splitting the whole into smaller groups.

don't let big M fool ya, when he passed me up at +100 there was a big ole smile on the GP's face!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:06 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
Its just another option for something for people to do. Maybe just have a time and place nearby for whoever wants to meet for lunch and everyone can be off doing what they want. The more options for people the better.
+1 - It's just another option along with a couple of rides/routes so we don't have too many bikes in a group.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cHarley
+1 - It's just another option along with a couple of rides/routes so we don't have too many bikes in a group.

No problem. I just trying to please everyone.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my opinion there should be 2 routes one that doesnt want to do the demo ride and one that doesnt. also we went west last year towards crystal river, i for one would like a route through the forest. i know someone said its boring, but its beautiful though. towards the end of the ride we need to have a main meeting place to have a late lunch or dinner for all the riders.

Quick Reply: Florida Rally - Ocala 2008