Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Florida Rally - Ocala 2008

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

all things considered; imo, last years place is still tops especially if we get the whole back wing around the backside of the conf. rm.

proposals #2&3 are close seconds as they mention also having a conf. rm., however no external corr.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:31 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Murph, Don't have a lot of time to do much research right now, but I did Google for the HoJo's in Ocala. There appears to be 2 of them in the downtown area but neither matches the address on the guys proposal so I can't tell which one is being offered to check out their aminites on the web.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:50 PM
WillyHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The address isn't for HoJo cHarley. It is for the mgt group that runs it.

HOJO Ocala - http://www.hojo.com/HowardJohnson/co...e_nostay=false

Quality Inn Ocala - http://www.qualityinn.com/ires/en-US...;promo=gglocal

These both have outdoor corridors and conference rooms. I am good with what ever.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

How about the pool AREA, not just the pool itself, but enough for 50+ people to gather around comfortably. They offer the hospitality room which is cool too, but were outdoors people..until the skeeters gitcha. Maybe we should request a wing, or the entire side facing the pool so we dont bother other guests.

Just some idea to help ease the weekend for everyone, not trying to be bossy.

I didnt see last years so yall say it was good. I would only change if prices or amenities are much better. I like the one with a restaurant by the way, you know how us "bikers" like to eat

Old 08-15-2008, 03:05 PM
cHarley
Club Member

Originally Posted by Phlip96
How about the pool AREA, not just the pool itself, but enough for 50+ people to gather around comfortably. They offer the hospitality room which is cool too, but were outdoors people..until the skeeters gitcha. Maybe we should request a wing, or the entire side facing the pool so we dont bother other guests.

Just some idea to help ease the weekend for everyone, not trying to be bossy.

I didnt see last years so yall say it was good. I would only change if prices or amenities are much better. I like the one with a restaurant by the way, you know how us "bikers" like to eat
Just as an FYI, the Days Inn, which we used last year and is also in the running, has an on-site Denny's. Breakfast anytime is kinda handy.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:41 PM
cHarley
Club Member

Here is the link for the Fairfield Inn for those that want to take a look.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel...eld-inn-ocala/

Just as a personal opinion, even though they are offering parking lot security, I would prefer to have my bike right outside the door. Lugging stuff through a lobby and up/down an elevator is a PITA.

The Days Inn we used last year is just fine with me, my only concern there is the small size of the meeting room if this gathering gets as large as it's looking now.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:51 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

wow, decisions, decisions, decisions. i have to agree with charley on the meeting room. if this thing gets any bigger we will need a good size room. last year we had half inside and half outside listening to fishheadsaid stories. even then there wasnt a lot of outside room unless we sit in the parking lot.
we need someone to really scout out these prospects for us as for the size of the lot and meeting room.
as Phlip96 says we are outside people. i would like to hang around a "pool like" area and shoot the sh**

Old 08-15-2008, 05:54 PM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow this thing is growing. I will not be buying Pizza for everyone again this year on Saturday Night to many of ya it is looking like.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:38 PM
WillyHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by JaxFatBoy
Wow this thing is growing. I will not be buying Pizza for everyone again this year on Saturday Night to many of ya it is looking like.
Ah come on man! We don't eat much

Old 08-15-2008, 06:40 PM
WillyHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by cHarley
Here is the link for the Fairfield Inn for those that want to take a look.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel...eld-inn-ocala/

Just as a personal opinion, even though they are offering parking lot security, I would prefer to have my bike right outside the door. Lugging stuff through a lobby and up/down an elevator is a PITA.

The Days Inn we used last year is just fine with me, my only concern there is the small size of the meeting room if this gathering gets as large as it's looking now.
Both great points. I say if it doesn't have outside access, it is a no go. That's my vote.

Quick Reply: Florida Rally - Ocala 2008