Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Florida Rally - Ocala 2008

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:22 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ride to work in full leather, then get naked and see what they say...talk about dress code...hehe

doesn't Ocala seem like soooo long ago?

Old 11-17-2008, 04:59 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by murph
You can blame people who don't understand motorcycles. They think that every Harley has some outlaw riding it. Not everyone who rides a motorcycle is an outlaw. I personally know some outlaw types and they are usually pretty nice people. Anyways, people stereo type others in one large group. Bikers are no different. If people would take their heads out of their lower cavity, then they would see that just because you ride a bike doesn't mean you are not professional. I ride a bike and consider myself professional. I know that I couldn't ride my bike to work because of the nature of my job, but if I worked in the office all the time, then I would.

Matter of fact, I ride a motorycle, I love leather. I ride when I'm not working. I dress how I want to dress. I don't care what it looks like to other people. If they don't like it then they can get up on a nice tall stool and kiss my ever living white azzzzzzz..... I'm done.

Murph
The GP has spoken... grab a stool and step on up, biotches!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:09 PM
LadyHawk
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now ya know I gotta pop in here on this too...

Because on the same token, not all sport bike riders are dumbazz squids that do stoppies, wheelies and generally ride like they have no sense.

Generalizing, and compartmentalizing, bike riders will always happen. So we all need to keep an open mind. Too bad some people can't see it the same way.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:21 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hmmmm, and when I don't ride to work people ask me what's wrong. For a few years I was always known as the guy with the Harley and everybody at the hospital thought it was cool and just said be careful.

When word got around about the Spyder I even had some Docs coming over to check it out and talk to me about it. My boss is the C.O.O of the hospital and when he found out about the Spyder he wanted to come over and see it, then he just had to sit on it, next thing you know he was saying "my wife might let me have one of these."

Old 11-17-2008, 05:37 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Oh yes they are, who have you been talking to.

Because on the same token, not all sport bike riders are dumbazz squids that do stoppies, wheelies and generally ride like they have no sense.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:40 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Charley I still have a crapload of vacation, decided to take off Thursday and Friday, how bout a lunch time ride r something that fits your tight workmanlike schedule. Make sure you punch out though.

quote=cHarley;4121756]Well, you could start by reserving the up front parking spaces in the garage for "Motorcycles Only".

BTW, when are you going to come get this Sundowner out of my way?[/quote]

Old 11-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Drclev3
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Charley I still have a crapload of vacation, decided to take off Thursday and Friday, how bout a lunch time ride r something that fits your tight workmanlike schedule. Make sure you punch out though.

quote=cHarley;4121756]Well, you could start by reserving the up front parking spaces in the garage for "Motorcycles Only".

BTW, when are you going to come get this Sundowner out of my way?
[/QUOTE]

Well wouldn't you know I have Thursday and Friday off as well is this a open invite? If so whats the plans?

Old 11-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LadyHawk
Now ya know I gotta pop in here on this too...

Generalizing, and compartmentalizing, bike riders will always happen. So we all need to keep an open mind. Too bad some people can't see it the same way.
Come on and admit it You like riding Wheelies. I know I sure used to back in the day!

Old 11-18-2008, 05:20 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster

Originally Posted by cHarley
Well, you could start by reserving the up front parking spaces in the garage for "Motorcycles Only".

BTW, when are you going to come get this Sundowner out of my way?
Friday looks good for me, I'm in. If you want to ride north for lunch, we can swing by the house on your way home and pick up the seat.

BTW, I keep the time clock on the garage wall right beside the bike.

Yea Drclev3, it's an open invite. Don't have any specific plans yet other than maybe a ride north for lunch so Jerry can pick up a seat I have for him here at the house. I don't really have any way to haul it to him on the Sporty. Maybe up to Archie's for lunch?

Last edited by cHarley; 11-18-2008 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Change ride day to Friday
Old 11-18-2008, 06:38 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

I am in, PM your address, I will meet you.

Originally Posted by cHarley
Thursday looks good for me, I'm in. If you want to ride north for lunch, we can swing by the house on your way home and pick up the seat.

BTW, I keep the time clock on the garage wall right beside the bike.

Yea Drclev3, it's an open invite. Don't have any specific plans yet other than maybe a ride north for lunch so Jerry can pick up a seat I have for him here at the house. I don't really have any way to haul it to him on the Sporty. Maybe up to Archie's for lunch?

Quick Reply: Florida Rally - Ocala 2008