Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Florida Rally - Ocala 2008

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 05:56 PM
sailnjay
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to be out of town until late Friday but my wife and I will be heading up Saturday morning. Anyone leaving from or riding through the I-4 / US 27 area Saturday morning that would like to meet and ride up together?

Old 11-05-2008, 06:48 PM
LadyHawk
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cHarley
For the curious, this is the Sansa.
Circuit City had it on sale a couple of months ago for $39.95

That must be the Sansa Clip. Blue Dragon has the Sansa E260, looks like this.. but it's still pretty compact. Smaller than a very small cell phone.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:15 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Worry wart... Worry wart...
It's not going to mess with us, it's headed east.

Oh, did you retract your post SP?
Is is time yet?????????
Tried to...some people sit on here and wait for an innocent to slip up....
and besides it's still close....I only like storms that go west....(quickly)

Old 11-05-2008, 07:53 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It's just a little liquid sunshine... nothin to worry 'bout~

Old 11-05-2008, 08:17 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

It is almost time people. I have another offical request from some members. The members that were so kind to make our routes for us, would you please send me a google map version of the routes so I can print them out at work. If cHarley wants to host the google map links, then I will send him the links so he can post them. That way the individuals who need the prints out can print them for themselves. If not, I will print out a couple copies of each and try to bring them along. Let me know. I know this is short notice, but I was thinking of the ones who do not have a GPS.

Also, anyone living in the Ocala area have any small computer speakers they would be willing to bring to the hotel? We have have plenty of music in our MP3, sansa, and zumo devices. We just need speakers to play them through. The ones that use external power would probably work the best because some of the small devices don't have enough power to push the sound through the larger speakers. If anyone can help that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who made this Rally possible.

Murph G.P.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Thumbs up Got Speakers

Originally Posted by murph
It is almost time people. I have another offical request from some members. The members that were so kind to make our routes for us, would you please send me a google map version of the routes so I can print them out at work. If cHarley wants to host the google map links, then I will send him the links so he can post them. That way the individuals who need the prints out can print them for themselves. If not, I will print out a couple copies of each and try to bring them along. Let me know. I know this is short notice, but I was thinking of the ones who do not have a GPS.

Also, anyone living in the Ocala area have any small computer speakers they would be willing to bring to the hotel? We have have plenty of music in our MP3, sansa, and zumo devices. We just need speakers to play them through. The ones that use external power would probably work the best because some of the small devices don't have enough power to push the sound through the larger speakers. If anyone can help that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who made this Rally possible.

Murph G.P.
Got a Brand New set of External Powered Altec Lansing BX2 Speakers still in the Box and easy to bring along .. Welcome to them if want ... Also in case no one else has posted this H D of Ocala is giving Demo Rides November 8th for any interested on their 2009 Models... Jay

Last edited by JayStronghawk; 11-06-2008 at 05:40 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by THROTTLEJUNKIEDAVE
I just wanted to add that if anyone wants a tank bag, let me know. a few of the southern crew have bought some already and love them.
i only have about 14 left before my new order gets in, but i can bring them if someone wants . i also have magnetic purses available too for the ladies.

here is the link to see what they are
http://chromedcreations.homestead.com/TANKBAGS.html

for the FL CREW & HELLIONS that will be there, they will only be $25.00 cash ea. (my cost). this is a rally special only !!!

thanks
Dave
P.M. Sent

Old 11-06-2008, 05:41 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Got a Brand New set of Altec Lansing BX2 Speakers still in the Box and easy to bring along .. Welcome to them if want ... Also in case no one else has posted this H D of Ocala is giving Demo Rides November 8th for any interested on their 2009 Models... Jay
Hey thanks Jay, that would be great, bring them along.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:21 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey thanks Jay, that would be great, bring them along.

Sounds like Jay has the speakers we need.

Thanks Jay.

Murph G.P.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Border Patrol Update:

Dale (1 of 2) and I have made plans to head to Florida-Georgia border to wait for our Georgia Gang heading south.

Dale & I are meeting early in Palm Coast, and then heading to the Florida Welcome Center on I-75, a couple miles south of the state border.

Respond quickly (IM would be best) if you want to join us, or if you are heading up to the Welcome Center on an alternate, let us know that too. We anticipate meeting everyone around 1:30-2:00pm on Firday (tomorrow).

From the Welcome Center we plan to take I-75 south to the Ocala area before heading east again for Silver Springs.

Anyone in the Jax area is welcome to join us anywhere along I-95, I-295, or I-10. Dale and I plan for an easy pace en-route to the Welcome Center.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Florida Rally - Ocala 2008