Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Florida Rally - Ocala 2008

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys and gals, the misses and I will be leaving Bradenton about 1P.M. on Friday and look foward to meeting everyone and doing some good riding in horse country. See ya"ll Friday evening. Anybody else in the area leaving Friday P.M.? Think we are just gonna run 301 the whole way.

Last edited by Just Dave; 11-02-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:54 AM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
thanks hugh i will look into that. looks like some decent prices. i have never tried oysters and i love fish food. i think i will try one
Eat fish, live longer. Eat oysters, love longer!

Old 11-02-2008, 10:07 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Phlip96
Check out Murph getting all "proffesional"!! He's no longer the jokester he's the Public Relations Manager!!

You CHANGED man!
Don't get confused. I haven't changed. Wait until you see me in Ocala. Then you will say, yep he didn't change. I can be official when I have to be, but prefer to be the class clown.

Originally Posted by fishheadsaid
Hey Mike, the oysters have been great. Lack of rain, nice and salty. Hopefully I'll get some from Skipper Bay, if not, Apalachicola for sure.

You are awesome. I can't to get my hands on those oysters. They were awesome. I have had plenty of oysters in my time, but by fare those were the best.

What time are we suppose to meet at 70 and 27.....8 or 9????? I think my small group is going to eat breakfast in Okee. SM and Mike, you want to join us?

Murph G.P.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Horse Country Ride

Here is a ride a couple of us just completed today through horse country in Ocala. It took exactly three hours doing the speed limit with two 15 minute stops. It goes past a farm of exotic animals (zebra, impala, etc...) and tons of horse and cattle farms. Not to mention a strip joint, the historic town of Micanopy, and John Travolta's house.

I ride these roads all of the time and they are some of my favorite in Florida. Absolutely beautiful.

Last edited by Sefferdog; 11-13-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:39 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
Here is a ride a couple of us just completed today through horse country in Ocala. It took exactly three hours doing the speed limit with two 15 minute stops. It goes past a farm of exotic animals (zebra, impala, etc...) and tons of horse and cattle farms. Not to mention a strip joint, the historic town of Micanopy, and John Travolta's house.

I ride these roads all of the time and they are some of my favorite in Florida. Absolutely beautiful.
Thanks Sefferdog; I got this downloaded now too to my Zumo. This looks great, and sounds perfect! Exotic animals AND exotic women.... what's not to like? hee heeeeeee hee.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:52 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Thanks Sufferdog, we'll have plenty to chose from now. I have added this file to the download file pack.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:20 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
Hey guys and gals, the misses and I will be leaving Bradenton about 1P.M. on Friday and look foward to meeting everyone and doing some good riding in horse country. See ya"ll Friday evening. Anybody else in the area leaving Friday P.M.? Think we are just gonna run 301 the whole way.
hey dave this is dave. i live in clearwater and the wife and i were planning to leave about "noononetwoish" maybe we can make a meet and ride up together

just looking at google maps and there is a BP station on the south side of I-4 on the east side of 301. maybe we can do a meet there

Last edited by bulldogmoe7; 11-02-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:37 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Hey Dale.... I am STILL planning to be part of the border patrol (heee heeee hee). I am off work starting Friday. I have no plans other than the RALLY!!!!!!!

Hellions need to give us a time/place (best guess) for their crossing. Dale, myself, others? will take care of the rest getting ya to Silver Springs.

I can't wait!!!!!
Hey Paul,

As far as we know now, we'll be leaving here about 8:30 a.m. and am thinking we should be hitting the GA/FL line about 1:30-2:00. Will firm that up by later in the week. Can meet you guys at Exit 1 which is the last GA exit or at the FL Welcome Station. Yes, we'll be coming down 75 South. It will just be me and Todd. Chris will be flying through earlier in the day in order to get anther Iron Butt ride done and Gordon will already be in Ocala. The rest of the Hellions had to bail for various reasons. Please since it's just the two of us, don't anyone go out of their way to meet us at the GA/FL unless you just want to. I just checked the weather and it's looking fabulous. Should be just in the 50's when we leave here and a high of 82 for the day there. We're really looking forward to it.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:14 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by murph
What time are we suppose to meet at 70 and 27.....8 or 9????? I think my small group is going to eat breakfast in Okee. SM and Mike, you want to join us?

Murph G.P.

Hey Murph,

Jeremy and I were talking about meeting up between 8 or 8:30, maybe even 9, depending on how many others were going to ride with us, then eat breakfast in Sebring. I do not want to wait until noon to leave this area.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:27 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,372 Likes on 2,574 Posts

Exotic animals AND exotic women....
Seems to me I remember your exotic woman.I would lean more towards friggin wild animal.

Quick Reply: Florida Rally - Ocala 2008